Reverbs have been released!

• Im traveling, so I can't grab it myself yet. Does it look just like the public betas, or does it include anything else from namm? I assume if it included preset management it would be called v6.0.

• Here are the Changelog entries for the Releases since Production 5.5.2:

PROFILER Operating System 5.7.2.14219

Audio

changed: Input Swell improved in delay effects

fixed: signal flow issue of Spring Reverb under special conditions

User Interface

fixed: incorrect brightness of LOCK button under special conditions

PROFILER Operating System 5.7.1.14156

User Interface

fixed: REV module can be locked/unlocked while in focus

fixed: Delay Flutter Rate parameter not accidentally linked to Smear parameter

fixed: rare DSP errors caused by Looper

PROFILER Operating System 5.7.0.14099

User Interface

fixed: instant access knobs for Reverb Time and Reverb Mix dysfunctional

fixed: REV module button dysfunctional

changed: Scaling of the Mix control in Spring Reverb has changed compared to 5.6.2. If you had created Rigs or presets including Spring Reverb under 5.6.2, please readjust Mix.

PROFILER Operating System 5.7.0.14092

Audio

added: five new reverb types: Spring Reverb, Natural Reverb, Easy Reverb, Echo Reverb, Cirrus Reverb (corresponding reverb presets available for download)

added: all effect types available in all modules A - D and X - REV

changed: The former reverb types (Hall, Large Room, Small Room, Ambience, Matchbox) are consolidated into one type named Legacy Reverb conserving the sound of all Rigs and Presets. Legacy Reverb includes one additional parameter Room Size, which reflects the former reverb types.

fixed: parts of amp sound accidentally bleeding into cabinet sound while AMP module is switched off and CAB module is switched on

User Interface

changed: order of effect types

changed: parameter Del+Rev Balance moved into Rig Settings and renamed into DLY+REV Routing

changed: Factory content not completely included in operating system file (kaos.bin) anymore, just presets. Consequently Factory Rigs function in System Settings renamed to Factory Presets.

changed: Volume Pedal kicks in softer, more logarithmic response curve

PROFILER Operating System 5.6.2.13481 Spring Reverb Preview

Audio

added: new effect type Spring Reverb; open one of the Modules A-D and turn BROWSE knob to select preset REV Spring Fan. Refer to Quick Start Spring Reverb for parameter explanations.

• Ok, installed and ran into some crashes... (already opened a ticket!)

I have the old Profiler_OS_5_7_1_14156.bin file on my computer and I had no problem with that beta.

Is there a way to re-install this version?

I've tried to rename it to kaos.bin and putting it in the OS update folder but the KPA ignores it...

• Ok, installed and ran into some crashes... (already opened a ticket!)

I have the old Profiler_OS_5_7_1_14156.bin file on my computer and I had no problem with that beta.

Is there a way to re-install this version?

I've tried to rename it to kaos.bin and putting it in the OS update folder but the KPA ignores it...

Put it in the root directory of the USB stick.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Thanks, but it didn't help...

If it's in the root directory and named kaos.bin, I've always been prompted as to whether I want to update the OS. Are you sure it's not still the one on your KPA? Other than that, I would try booting the system with the USB stick in it.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Did you try the "Revert Profile OS to release version" option in the Tools menu of Rig Manager? It might force a reinstall of the OS.

Since the installed OS is the latest released version that option is not available.

If it's in the root directory and named kaos.bin, I've always been prompted as to whether I want to update the OS. Are you sure it's not still the one on your KPA? Other than that, I would try booting the system with the USB stick in it.

The Profiler_OS_5_7_1_14156.bin file is the one that Rig Manager downloaded to install the beta.

I guess it doesn't have the same format that the one that is used on the USB stick...

If some one have the 5.7.1.14156 Beta as it was available from Kempers site I'd love to have a copy?

(Unfortunately all previous betas are now gone from Kempers site.)

• noticed this fix:

fixed: parts of amp sound accidentally bleeding into cabinet sound while AMP module is switched off and CAB module is switched on

Can anyone explain what impact this has, sonically?

This may affect the sound where the KPA was being used with an external preamp (or simulator) bypassing the AMP section but still using the CAB block of the KPA.

• more verbs to come still from what they showed at NAMM.

In addition to Mono and Stereo loop, I'm noticing a new Loop Distortion. How does this differ from the others?

These profiles go to 11!

• I guess I'm an idiot- I updated Rig Manager and then through RM updated my Kemper but I don't see the Reverbs- do I have to install them via USB?

You should see the reverb-types/algorithms, but need to load factory rigs and presets from the new firmware into menus to access presets for the new reverbs:

System -> Factory Presets -> Ok (loading factory rigs and presets)

• You should see the reverb-types/algorithms, but need to load factory rigs and presets from the new firmware into menus to access presets for the new reverbs:

System -> Factory Presets -> Ok (loading factory rigs and presets)

They weren't showing up before but I did as you suggested and now here they are. Awesome, thanks!