Reverb slot not syncing properly

• Hello,

I am syncing my KPA to a Liquid Foot/ LF Pro+ .Everything is fine apart from the reverb slot. The LF Pro+ reads out -Reverb-(the appearance is different from what the other slots lokk like)

it does not change colors for on/off state, it does not reflect on/off switching on the KPA. BUT I can switch it on/off from the LF. The same happens if I program another physical button on the LF to sync with the reverb slot. It seems to me that this special slot(Reverb) does not send out amy status information(doesn't sync) even though everything is set up/programmed exactly like the other slots which do work as expected. Any ideas or maybe confirmations of a bug? Tested with the releasse OS 5.7.2.14219 released today as with the beta version.

Best R

• What version of LF firmware and software are you using?

i have the same issue and trying to figure out what needs to change on the programming side of things.

on the LF side, the new software just calls the REV slot, a REV slot, and doesn't contain a specific CC # to turn it on /off.

That was a change on the LF side to account for different types of effects showing up in different slots.

I still have the issue you describe, where i have to toggle the rev slot button 2 times to get it into sync. It appears that the KPA doesn't send out the proper on/off status of the REV slot when you first call up a rig.

Damain, have you located any updated MIDI documentation for 5.7 release? I can't find it anywhere?

thanks,

sean

• Damain, have you located any updated MIDI documentation for 5.7 release? I can't find it anywhere?

thanks,

sean

There is no new Midi doc but thanks to UI to MIDI you can find out that new Address Page for rev slot is 61 ($3D)

All the parametes are the same like in other FX slots so on off parameter should be located under this address: MSB 61($3D) LSB 3($03) . Old reverb parameters no longer works.

I dont know how LF works in bidirectional mode so i don't know what you need to change.

• Hello, I've a similar problem. I'm controlling the kemper via DAW-Software Reaper. Till OS 5.5 the CC for Midi-Mix was 70. Thats no more working now. The Midi-Manual is from 2015. Also can't find the new edition. So I downgraded to OS 5.5 till the Reverb Problem is solved!!
    Hope there will be a new Midi-Manual soon!!!

• That's what I've found out after hours:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reverb Slot:

Old Hall = Legacy Reverb with Room Size: Hall

Old Large Room = Legacy Reverb with Room Size: Large

Old Small Room = Legacy Reverb with Room Size: Small

Old Ambience = Legacy Reverb with Room Size: Ambience

Old Matchbox = Legacy Reverb with Room Size: Matchbox

-------------------------------------------------------

There is no short CC (Midi Command) for Reverb Mix and Reverb Time !!!!!

-------------------------------------------------------

NRPN Definitions for the Reverb Slot: [MSB(99), LSB(98), Page(61), Address Number(0-127), 14-Bit-Value(0-8192)]:

Reverb (Address Page = 61) [was 75 till OS 5.5.x]

Address Numbers for:

Reverb-Type = 00 [14-Bit-Address see table below]

On/Off = 03 [1: on / 0: off]

Stereo = 07 [14-Bit-Address]

Mid Frequency = 17 [14-Bit-Address]

Bandwidth = 19 [14-Bit-Address]

Roomsize = 27 [14-Bit-Address]

High Cut = 68 [14-Bit-Address]

Mix = 69 [14-Bit-Address]

Attack Time = 71 [14-Bit-Address]

Pre Delay = 72 [14-Bit-Address]

Decay Time = 93 [14-Bit-Address] (Till OS 5.5.x Reverb Time)

Low Decay = 98 [14-Bit-Address]

High Decay = 99 [14-Bit-Address]

Modulation = 101 [14-Bit-Address]

Input Swell = 107 [14-Bit-Address]

Table for Reverb Types (Adress Number 00): [MSB , LSB]

Legacy Reverb = 01 49 (Here you can set the old Reverb Types till OS 5.5.x)

Natural Reverb = 01 50

Easy Reverb = 01 51

Echo Reverb = 01 52

Cirrus Reverb = 01 53

Space = 00 64

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Couldn't find a short CC for Reverb Mix and Time! So bad luck for all 3rd party pedals like LF or Behringer FCB-1010

• MIne is working pretty well right now. I know LF is working on a new update to firmware/software for the changes to the reverb slot.

But 98% is working and good. Did you do the V6 updates to firmware/hardware in your LF device? There are notes about changing programming to turn slots on/off without using the old CC commands and working now in performance mode.

Getting the performance mode to automatically work and sync with the KPA performances is working great here.

The new update Is supposed to help with showing correct name of reverb slot when it's loaded into any non-normal reverb slot and get the status light of the reverb slot to work 100% of the time.