Morgan AC20 profile uploaded

• By the way there is mismatch between RigManager and Website. RigManager 1.5.16.11403 shows 6 results for "Morgan AC20" in the search field, website shows 3 results.

• Alright…I’m chiming into this one, as well:

This profile is simply outstanding and this thread is very valuable to me (a new user) in regards to the page 4 back and forth between Guitartone and Ingolf.

I loaded this preset Saturday to check out at a Sunday jam session direct to a couple JBL active PA speakers (no subs) and it sounded great. Last night I ran my KPA MONITOR OUT/NO CAB into my Masters TVA30 combo FX RETURN and this preset was glorious. I then connected my rinky-dink pedal board and everything just went to a whole other level. Not that this can’t be done within the KPA, it’s just what I did: using my Soul Food and/or OCD clean boosting all the way to full on overdrive with different KPA GAIN levels was simply magical.

Super happy with this preset and much appreciation to rmpacheco – albeit he seems to have taken a different path.

• Very simple setup, really. I used a Sennheiser e906 on the middle switch position, close mic'd.

What's crazy is that my profiling process was really nothing special. I just set up the amp the way I like it, plopped a microphone in front of it (no special measurements...I just put the mic where I normally like it for playing at church), profiled, and for refinement, I played a lot of open chords and power chords on all 3 pickup positions as hard as I could for about 15 seconds.

That's it! :)

• This profile sounds great... But I have a feeling the extra EQ and compression being way up in the amp block adds to this big time... Take all of that away and then compare to profiles that equally have none of that going on... I perronally think it still sounds great, but the compression being up that high and extra EQ is REALLY coloring that profile and its feel... Of course it's going to clean up great set up like that. Not trying to start a fight, just food for thought :)

• This profile sounds great... But I have a feeling the extra EQ and compression being way up in the amp block adds to this big time... Take all of that away and then compare to profiles that equally have none of that going on... I perronally think it still sounds great, but the compression being up that high and extra EQ is REALLY coloring that profile and its feel... Of course it's going to clean up great set up like that. Not trying to start a fight, just food for thought :)

I agree :)

I mentioned this point in every discussion/appreciaion thread about this rig that came up - at least that's what it feels like it.;)
    Not to diminish the enjoyment you guys obviously get from this rig, but to point out what makes it tick, so these tweaks can be applied to other profiles.

note the Definition setting, the Gain value, the treble boost in front (save it as a local preset) and the Amp Compression - and possibly Pick and the Cab settings.
    It doesn't clean up better than other rigs, but the high (too high, for my ears) Amp Compression setting makes the volume between the dirty and vol-pot-turned-down-cleanish tones much more even.

These parameters are an exellent example of how the Profiler can eclipse the amp that was being profiled.

• I mentioned this point in every discussion/appreciaion thread about this rig that came up - at least that's what it feels like it.;)
    Not to diminish the enjoyment you guys obviously get from this rig, but to point out what makes it tick, so these tweaks can be applied to other profiles.

note the Definition setting, the Gain value, the treble boost in front (save it as a local preset) and the Amp Compression - and possibly Pick and the Cab settings.
    It doesn't clean up better than other rigs, but the high (too high, for my ears) Amp Compression setting makes the volume between the dirty and vol-pot-turned-down-cleanish tones much more even.

These parameters are an exellent example of how the Profiler can eclipse the amp that was being profiled.

Excellent comments and advice, Don.

Indeed, the incredibly powerful settings in the "Amp" menu section allow the KPA user to modify the tone and response of the profiled reference amp, to range from subtle tweaks to morphing it into an entirely different beast.

In my case, the tone sculpting power of the "Amp" section parameters became one of greatest revelations (and features) of the KPA, which I now rely upon. For instance, the very first settings I analyze and adjust (before anything else) when I begin shaping a brand new profile (building an new Rig) are the "Amp" menu parameters...

• Definition
    • Pick
    • Compressor
    • Power Sagging
    • Clarity

Cheers,
    John