How to connect multiple equipement?

• In my live setup, I want to connect some components to the Kemper but I’m afraid that I’m a bit lost…

I want to connect the following equipment:

-         A guitar wireless system (Sennheiser EW100 G2)

-         An IEM system (Shure PSM 300)

-         Freqout pedal in effects loop with a momentary switch

I have the guitar wireless connected to the Alternative Input. In this way, I’m able to switch to a real cable via the front input in case of troubles with the wireless.

To attach the Freqout in the effects loop, I need to use the Direct Output/Send with the Return input.

So far so good.

Now for the IEM, I would like to use the auxiliary inputs to feed the general FOH mix with the Kemper output. In this way, I can attach the IEM system to the headphone output and I can change the balance between the FOH general mix and my guitar signal via the volume knob of my Kemper.

The problem is that the auxiliary inputs needs to be connected to the Return and Alternative input which are both already occupied…

Is there another way to solve this issue?

• digbob this is an option, but only for mono use. In this way I could indeed feed a mono general mix and the monitor output both to the IEM and mix it there.

In my description, I could have a stereo FOH general mix in the aux input and mix this together with my guitar in stereo for a better spacing (and the ability to easaly grab the volume knob on the kemper to increase/decrease the guitar volume against the general mix).

Currenlty, I see no other alternative than sending the FOH mix and my (second) main outputs to a separate small mixer to achieve this...

• I use my Freqout in front of the Kemper. It might seem counterintuitive as you're thinking feedback = amp, but really it's where it should be. If you have acoustic feedback happening it's not happening at the amp but at the strings on the guitar, heck even if you have microphonic pickups it's still at the guitar. Giving the Freqout the cleanest signal also helps it give you the best results if feedback simulation is your goal, that means plugging the guitar straight into it. Even if you're using it for e-bow like effects it's still the best location. Not that I can't imagine you doing some funky things with it elsewhere in the chain, just that this is the rationale I have with placing it before everything else.