Release Version 5.7 - A Serious Question

• ckemper, Burkhard

So, I'm confused. I have read a number of instances where updating to the most recent release version has destroyed morphing in rigs and/or performances. I've also read where the reverbs in every rig/performance have been rendered useless with regard to their settings. Is this indeed the case?

Will, for example, Brian Carl's "Together" performances need to be updated to be fully functional? How about the Tone Junky performances, Dan Lombardi's swells, shimmer and Freeze, all of Troy Trahan's performances, etc? I'm not trying to be overly dramatic - I just want to understand what I'm up against going forward with the new 5.7 release version.

Thanks in advance!

Incidentally, That's why I only install "Release Versions". Also, this is why I gave up on Line 6 and didn't buy an AxeFx....I don't want to have to update every stinkin' patch every time they issue a firmware/software update.

Edited 3 times, last by Dlaut ().

• I’m unaware of the impact.

But, let’s be fair. The kemper release is a major release adding brand new reverbs that we’re not contemplated when those patches were released. In fact, some of them were profiles released when they were “hacking” things together to try to achieve the tones you now can by default.

Line 6 would break stuff just because they were unbreaking something somewhere else. Minor releases would render whole workflows useless and it would be unrelated to net new functionality.

• I’m unaware of the impact.

But, let’s be fair. The kemper release is a major release adding brand new reverbs that we’re not contemplated when those patches were released. In fact, some of them were profiles released when they were “hacking” things together to try to achieve the tones you now can by default.

Line 6 would break stuff just because they were unbreaking something somewhere else. Minor releases would render whole workflows useless and it would be unrelated to net new functionality.

For reference, I also asked the same question on another group. There are indeed issues with the update.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/…malink&id=552583978584308