Can any damage be caused by plugging poweramp output into Kempr main outs..... (literally 10 seconds)

• Hi,

In a rush to setup I did a completely stupid thing and plugged the speaker out from my Fryette Power Station II into the Kemper Main output and when turned on wondered why I wasn't getting any volume and quickly realized what I had done.....literally 6-10 seconds in total. I know it is being a bit OCD but could this potentially have caused any damage? everything seems fine.....

Thanks,

Derek

• You need to check,

a. if the MAIN OUTPUT is still functional.

b. if the power amp ist still functional, because the SPEAKER OUTPUT must not be connected to any grounded equipment.

• Thanks for the feedback guys..... wow what a stupid mistake and is ultimately potentially more harmful than I thought!

It appears that both the Kemper and the power amp are working fine however who knows if something minor happened and may cause an issue down the road. something I will certainly be more cautious of, and it is just very odd as I am generally speaking extraordinarily careful with things like this LOL :)

Thx

D

• Not on the same scale in terms of cost, but I plugged an 18 volt lead into a 9 volt pedal and tried to use it. It made sound, but nothing good. Probably 20 seconds. Unplugged, smelled electronics and said a prayer. Miraculously, it worked fine, and that was well over a year ago.

No. You didn't do it any favors, but if it didn't fail right then and there you're probably just fine.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• You'd know already if it had damages. Its not progressive for that kind of things its right away just like when you burn a guitar pedal with the bad volt adapter for instance . It fries . Capice?