Native Plugin for Time & Mod FX to add after tracking.

• Hi,

I just bought my Kemper and love it. But I make tracks all day long and recording these great tones gives me the issue of whether to "record" the great FX or try and rebuild something in Logic on the dry tones that gets close. It's a lot of work if I track loads of different tones and styles like I do. If you were to offer a plugin that communicated with the KPA we could just bypass the effects internally and just pop the plugin on the channel strip and get back to work.... to be able to adjust during mixing.

Thanks!

Eric

• My interpretation of your request is that you want your DAW to host the Kemper's built in effects in a Kemper plugin.

Going out of the Kemper to an audio interface / computer / DAW and then back to the Kemper will add noticeable round trip latency, compared to using the internal effects of the Kemper hosted by its DSP. And any plugin(s) hosted by the DAW will add more latency.

Furthermore, you will add CPU load onto the computer. Why take away from its capacity when there is DSP available in the Kemper to host its effects.

the issue of whether to "record" the great FX or try and rebuild something in Logic on the dry tones that gets close.

Your reasoning is that you want to be able to record both a dry signal, and a wet signal while you track. Guess what? You can do both.

Just re-amp using the Kemper effects if you feel that you cannot use Logic's effects to get the tone you want.

Record the dry tone, while monitoring the tone you want with the Kemper's effects as you track. I use the S/PDIF coaxial output on my Kemper to lay down a dry track, while I monitor with the Kemper's effects from the main analog output.

Make sure that you note the effects you are using, their settings, and their order. Then send the dry track back into the Kemper and apply the effects you want. :thumbup:

• Thanks. No round trip. Could be so much easier with a plugin that does the same things as the delays, verbs etc. >Mute FX on your rig.. insert KPAFX plugin into channel insert on Logic Pro X.. .select the preset strip and go. It's just a wishlist thing. I know there are other ways. My computer and Logic can run hundreds of plugins so that's not an issue.

• ...scratch17 said I'd need to out the KPA and then back to the KPA. I think that would be a round trip.

I'd pay over $500 for this "plugin" BTW as an addition to the system. It would help so much with the way I will be using the Kemper. I make tracks all day. I only have so many inputs on my Apollo, and I don't want to keep re-wiring. I need to work fast and this wold help me so much. Also when creating... too many tracks to move around a edit can get really difficult. To have one track of the stack & stomps... and then add the plugin would be magic! I know it's a long shot but I think It would help many people.