Commercial Vendors' Thread Idea

• I've had this idea for a long time and may have mentioned it somewhere, but I'd like the mods to consider this:

IMHO, it's difficult to find vendors who's threads are "consolidated" due to the overwhelming deluge of individual-pack announcements from those who split their products up into many threads. This also clutters the "unread posts" results we all see every day to the extent that I'm betting we're all tired of wading through them.

I therefore suggest that it'd be a lot more elegant, neat and useful subforum if all vendors were asked to restrict themselves to one thread only, and update the titles thereof as a means of advertising new packs, just as Bert, Michael, Ivan and Guido do. Not every vendor is a natural salesperson; some are even shy (like Bert), and those guys are disadvantaged by others who're happy to spruik their wares at every opportunity.

If this were implemented, before long we'll see an elegant, succinct list of all the various vendors as they consolidate their threads and rise to the top of the list in the subforum due to the most-recent-post sorting that'll occur. This will make them so much easier to find and reduce forum clutter at the same time.

Thank you for your time, fellow Kemperites and Mods.

• I appreciate the vendors who keep everything to one thread, though the drawback is having a crazy amount of pages and who is going to go back 60 pages? Those threads are cluttered as well with "Thanks!" posts and the like. So I can understand vendors not liking 1 thread for everything because their old packs just get buried.

If it were possible for each vendor to have a sub-forum page they could create individual threads in, that would maybe better help serve 2 masters. It would keep the general vendor page much cleaner and allow you to then click on their folder and see all the threads that they have for each pack. I don't know if this entirely possible with the forums layout, but seems more sensible.

• It should be possible unless the forum software imposes a limit on subforum numbers, Mr. D.; not a bad idea, methinks.

Either way, some sort of consolidation would mean that we don't have to scan through to page 3 or beyond in order to find, say, Michael Britt's thread. I use him as an example 'cause this has been the case many times for me, and it applies to Bert, Ivan and Guido too.

• I appreciate the vendors who keep everything to one thread, though the drawback is having a crazy amount of pages and who is going to go back 60 pages? Those threads are cluttered as well with "Thanks!" posts and the like. So I can understand vendors not liking 1 thread for everything because their old packs just get buried.

If it were possible for each vendor to have a sub-forum page they could create individual threads in, that would maybe better help serve 2 masters. It would keep the general vendor page much cleaner and allow you to then click on their folder and see all the threads that they have for each pack. I don't know if this entirely possible with the forums layout, but seems more sensible.

Spot on. But MM is right that something better has to be done.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau