5.7.2.14219: Any known issues?

• Ok, despite my resistance I went ahead and clicked the ol' update box. So far nothing at all has changed with what I currently use. Now I feel more comfortable. Maybe I'll find myself twiddling knobs (or parameters, as it is) like I did when my KPA was brand new to me :)

Just a guy who plays a little bit of guitar.

• No betas for me. I'm right in the middle of recording an album and I can't risk potential bugs. I keep a USB drive with a backup velcro'ed to the inside of my rack just in case but inviting a higher than normal possibility for glitches just isn't something I'm on board with :D

Just a guy who plays a little bit of guitar.

• No betas for me. I'm right in the middle of recording an album and I can't risk potential bugs. I keep a USB drive with a backup velcro'ed to the inside of my rack just in case but inviting a higher than normal possibility for glitches just isn't something I'm on board with :D

Glad to see I'm not the only scaredy cat in the room. ^^

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

• Interesting. I did a few of the previous Beta's (3 max) but not seeing anything listed here.

Regarding the idea that beta installs can contribute to problems with the final release, it's worth noting that there's nothing inherently bad about a beta. It's just another release. Even the final production version begins life as a beta. The problems come when there are bugs in a given beta release, which is to be expected when testing.

With that in mind, if there were ten betas but only one had a problem that carried over into production, you'd only experience the issue if you installed that specific beta. Sometimes a bug shows up in one beta, gets fixed and is gone by the next one. Other times it can live through several betas. It's just the luck of the draw if you're not installing every one of them.

• billruppert

"The amp profiles sound like they’ve been downgraded from Wav files to mp3’ quality-wise." - if it's that what you mean, can we please agree on leaving comments and sound requests to prove those "issues" in this particular thread? we have absolutely no idea what he's referring to.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• And just to clarify, my purpose for starting this particular thread was to make note of whether or not people were experiencing issues with the production release.

Equally important, I was looking for an idea of whether or not those with issues had been running beta builds. My decidedly unscientific observations thus far are that most of the issues are happening with our brave hearted beta testers and not those moving from the previous production release to this one.

• With that in mind, if there were ten betas but only one had a problem that carried over into production, you'd only experience the issue if you installed that specific beta. Sometimes a bug shows up in one beta, gets fixed and is gone by the next one. Other times it can live through several betas. It's just the luck of the draw if you're not installing every one of them.

I've installed every beta and release of both Rig Manager and the OS for years. I am not experiencing any of the issues mentioned by some (popping when changing rigs via RM, mix going to 100%, change in sound, ...). So if these issues were due to a specific beta, I should have seen these issues. Something else must be going on.

• I used the update at a gig on Saturday night, with no issues whatsoever.

I had the beta installed prior to that, too.

I have a 40-song setlist, using a performance per song. There are about 20 different rigs, numerous effects, morphing, volume and wah. I made no adjustments before the gig and everything was exactly as it should be.

Except my playing. :(

• I've installed every beta and release of both Rig Manager and the OS for years. I am not experiencing any of the issues mentioned by some (popping when changing rigs via RM, mix going to 100%, change in sound, ...). So if these issues were due to a specific beta, I should have seen these issues. Something else must be going on.

Yeah, that's weird.

Glad I'm not the guy who has to debug this stuff! :)