HELP with Stereo Loop - Is this possible?

• Hey guys and gals, thx in advance for any help!

Okay so what I am wondering is this - is it possible to run stereo loop with stereo inputs and stereo outputs ?

Why would I want to do this? Well that's a fair question...

Obviously I run a stereo set up, I have a powered Toaster, internal amp is running my left channel, an external amp running my right.

Now, when I am looping, what I like to do is use the panorama setting in Rigs to pan my loops hard left and hard right.

This is great, but the profiler looper has limited functionality, so I want to introduce my RC 300 looper into the mix and do the same thing via the stereo effects loop.

However in order to achieve this I need stereo ins and stereo outs. I am wondering if this is possible.

Thanks all

Jason

• I don't think you can do a stereo send for the effects loop, just the return. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, as I don't use that capability at all.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Zappledan I am pretty sure you are right. We have the Mimiq hooked up like that, mono in - stereo out.

Here's a quick video showing how to hook that up.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Yeah, I'm clear on how to use the stereo loop With a mono output but thank you for that. I was hoping for some solution to my specific problem or maybe some clever workaround. if anyone has any ideas please chime in.

Thanks guys!

• Having an unpowered KPA seems to be a plus here. I run an EHX720 looper on occasion and I just spit the L/R outputs from the KPA to the looper. You might be able to run the monitor outs to the looper and back in the return........

Just a guy who plays a little bit of guitar.

• I send the SPDIF to my DAW, so the main outputs are available as sends. Plus there are two pair of main outputs (XLR plus 1/4"), so if they're both active, there's that available for stereo send.

I have those main outputs routed through a patch bay so I can re-configure them easily (send them to any outboard effects, then either send them to my DAW (digital interface) or return to the KA returns (Return + Alternative configured to stereo).

I also run the Direct Out/Send + Monitor Output pair to the patch bay, so I can send them places as well, either the DAW (what I do) or back to the KPA returns (I don't generally do this, but I think you can), though the sends won't be stereo out of the KPA as far as I know (which is what I think you're asking for).

This is all studio-centric, so might not be ideal for a live rig. Or it could work, I don't know.

Chris

Nothin' too good for my dog.

• Thx for the input. I appreciate it.

I'm hoping fo a solution outside of a DAW. Im going to do some more experimentation soon, maybe I can come up with something using the stereo AUX inputs.... If I come up with a solution I'll be sure to post it here. Thx guys.

• I was like you before , anything on my sound was bad unless it's stereo . Or til it's stereo. Then with time I realised that stereo is a mirage. So I work in mono til it sounds good in mono (its harder) then if I can I put it in stereo, But stereo is not the goal . I mean the goal is to sound very good in mono... and stereo comes after. And if it,s impossible I dont care coz it's already good in mono. Get it?

• I was like you before , anything on my sound was bad unless it's stereo . Or til it's stereo. Then with time I realised that stereo is a mirage. So I work in mono til it sounds good in mono (its harder) then if I can I put it in stereo, But stereo is not the goal . I mean the goal is to sound very good in mono... and stereo comes after. And if it,s impossible I dont care coz it's already good in mono. Get it?

Not hugely relevant here, no offense intended. I'm talking about using a stereo looper. Which means left side, one loop, right side, different loop, mono different loop. I.m looking to achieve a specific goal here, not just polish a sound. Got it?