HELP with Stereo Loop - Is this possible?

• Hey guys and gals, thx in advance for any help!

Okay so what I am wondering is this - is it possible to run stereo loop with stereo inputs and stereo outputs ?

Why would I want to do this? Well that's a fair question...

Obviously I run a stereo set up, I have a powered Toaster, internal amp is running my left channel, an external amp running my right.

Now, when I am looping, what I like to do is use the panorama setting in Rigs to pan my loops hard left and hard right.

This is great, but the profiler looper has limited functionality, so I want to introduce my RC 300 looper into the mix and do the same thing via the stereo effects loop.

However in order to achieve this I need stereo ins and stereo outs. I am wondering if this is possible.

Thanks all

Jason

• I don't think you can do a stereo send for the effects loop, just the return. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, as I don't use that capability at all.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Having an unpowered KPA seems to be a plus here. I run an EHX720 looper on occasion and I just spit the L/R outputs from the KPA to the looper. You might be able to run the monitor outs to the looper and back in the return........

• I send the SPDIF to my DAW, so the main outputs are available as sends. Plus there are two pair of main outputs (XLR plus 1/4"), so if they're both active, there's that available for stereo send.

I have those main outputs routed through a patch bay so I can re-configure them easily (send them to any outboard effects, then either send them to my DAW (digital interface) or return to the KA returns (Return + Alternative configured to stereo).

I also run the Direct Out/Send + Monitor Output pair to the patch bay, so I can send them places as well, either the DAW (what I do) or back to the KPA returns (I don't generally do this, but I think you can), though the sends won't be stereo out of the KPA as far as I know (which is what I think you're asking for).

This is all studio-centric, so might not be ideal for a live rig. Or it could work, I don't know.

Chris

• Thx for the input. I appreciate it.

I'm hoping fo a solution outside of a DAW. Im going to do some more experimentation soon, maybe I can come up with something using the stereo AUX inputs.... If I come up with a solution I'll be sure to post it here. Thx guys.

• I was like you before , anything on my sound was bad unless it's stereo . Or til it's stereo. Then with time I realised that stereo is a mirage. So I work in mono til it sounds good in mono (its harder) then if I can I put it in stereo, But stereo is not the goal . I mean the goal is to sound very good in mono... and stereo comes after. And if it,s impossible I dont care coz it's already good in mono. Get it?

• I was like you before , anything on my sound was bad unless it's stereo . Or til it's stereo. Then with time I realised that stereo is a mirage. So I work in mono til it sounds good in mono (its harder) then if I can I put it in stereo, But stereo is not the goal . I mean the goal is to sound very good in mono... and stereo comes after. And if it,s impossible I dont care coz it's already good in mono. Get it?

Not hugely relevant here, no offense intended. I'm talking about using a stereo looper. Which means left side, one loop, right side, different loop, mono different loop. I.m looking to achieve a specific goal here, not just polish a sound. Got it?