Change in profile sounds since reverbs?

• This does not happen to me.

I'm sorry it's happening to you, but I have no issues.

Hope you get it sorted out.

You get it sorted out by backing out to the previous OS revision. It’s there, you just haven’t realized it yet.

The shittest part of this is that Kemper removed the last OS. The other other one up there is 1.8 OS from literally YEARS AGO. What’s up with that?

• have you tried re-installing the OS?

Don this is happening across the board at two different well known studios. The amp profiles sound like they’ve been downgraded from Wav files to mp3’ quality-wise. It’s literally obvious. The rig manager popping is happening on two different pro set ups. We’be been able to duplicate the issues on totally different kempers and interfaces etc.

• One wonders why the entire Kemper planet hasn't risen up in protest.

Not saying you don't have an issue, obviously you do.

I'm going to check mine out again.

Like I was pointing towards earlier, I believe its less obvious if youre using clean or semi overdriven profiles. I tune down fairly low and rely on the Clarity of Kemper's low end definition. With that type of sound it becomes much more obvious.

DOn, How can I obtain the Kaos.bin for OS 5.5?

• have you tried re-installing the OS?

Don, Why has Kemper removed the ability to revert our profilers back to the last OS version? Its not only removed from the site, its greyed out on the Rig manager tools tab. Its hard to accurately troubleshoot this without the ability to go back. Ive never seen past OS removed on any other updates. Do you know of any way I can get it back?

• Like I was pointing towards earlier, I believe its less obvious if youre using clean or semi overdriven profiles. I tune down fairly low and rely on the Clarity of Kemper's low end definition. With that type of sound it becomes much more obvious.

DOn, How can I obtain the Kaos.bin for OS 5.5?

Interesting...

I just bounced around in a bunch of random profiles using RM, and all I hear is the sort of soft switch between gain in each profile.

• I’m looking to revert my OS back to OS 5.5.2.13463

For troubleshooting purposes. Kemper seems to have removed all OS but the newest one (which I’m having issues with).

If Kemper or someone on this board can send me the Kaos.bin for it, I’d appreciate it very much! Thanks

• I started a comment thread about rigs sounded different (in a bad way) after the newest update. Low end sounds fuzzy and undefined on high gain profiles. There’s a static sound running through the entire profile.

I wanted to roll back to the previous OS to troubleshoot this but Kemper took all the previous versions away for some unknown reason...

I hope they offer a roll back because I can’t hang with the new sounds and either can the guys local to me that know have the same issue since the update.

Sad state of affairs.

• I played around with it last night. Definitely get slower switching of profiles in RM and it's less obvious that the switch has happened to the point that I have to look at the display to check.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Hot damn, that placebo effect sure is strong!

Except 6 other people I know have the exact same issue and one rolled back to the last beta and the issues went away.

Some guys don’t have the ear to hear differences in the quality of the distortion. They’re not tight enough players to dicpher the nuances. Maybe you’re that person

• Well, I think they should always have the "previous version" also available for download.

I do have the 5.5.2 relase : Kemper Profiler OS 5.5.2.13463 Release. This is the one running on our Kemper.

I don't think I can upload as an attachment as it is ~ 8MB but I could email to you probably.

Could you please make this available somewhere?

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Also let’s not make this place like the Axe FX forum where fanboys defend the product to the point of delusion. That attitude pops up more and more around here. No one can have a problem.. it’s suddenly a placebo.

Except there was an OS update that removed ALL older version so how is can it be a placebo when Kemper doesn’t want us to cross reference against older version? Something is wrong here.

• Let's keep it factual. We'll get the old version and you can record some examples. I would like to try it as well.

• I played around with it last night. Definitely get slower switching of profiles in RM and it's less obvious that the switch has happened to the point that I have to look at the display to check.

Update. After a reboot this morning the switching in RM seems back to normal. Didn't reboot last night after the update (apart from what it did on it's own).

• Also let’s not make this place like the Axe FX forum where fanboys defend the product to the point of delusion. That attitude pops up more and more around here. No one can have a problem.. it’s suddenly a placebo.

Except there was an OS update that removed ALL older version so how is can it be a placebo when Kemper doesn’t want us to cross reference against older version? Something is wrong here.

no need for conspiracy theories. We always replace the release version when a new one becomes available. If you encounter any issues with the current release please open a support ticket by sending an email to [email protected]. We will send you the older release version by email so you can do some comparison recordings by reamping a DI track in two different versions of the OS.