Change in profile sounds since reverbs?

• I originally updated to the latest through RM and experienced some problems for a few days, like the remote shutting down, some strangeness switching profiles. I think I even got the Kemper to freeze. I reinstalled via usb stick and the problems went away.

Best...H

• I started a comment thread about rigs sounded different (in a bad way) after the newest update. Low end sounds fuzzy and undefined on high gain profiles. There’s a static sound running through the entire profile.

I wanted to roll back to the previous OS to troubleshoot this but Kemper took all the previous versions away for some unknown reason...

I hope they offer a roll back because I can’t hang with the new sounds and either can the guys local to me that know have the same issue since the update.

Sad state of affairs.

Make a Backup of your Kemper.

Then start up your KPA holding down the top left button above the screen.

That will put you in "Maintenance" mode, then "Intl Flash".

Then restore your backup, your Kemper will sound perfect as it was before....no need to roll back to a previous firmware.

• I've encountered the occasional hiccup here and there through the multiple updates I've done over the past four years, but to my recollection the issues I had were all related to parameters shifting a bit that needed to be restored to my settings. I noticed no change in my rigs with the latest update.

• I started a comment thread about rigs sounded different (in a bad way) after the newest update. Low end sounds fuzzy and undefined on high gain profiles. There’s a static sound running through the entire profile.

I wanted to roll back to the previous OS to troubleshoot this but Kemper took all the previous versions away for some unknown reason...

I hope they offer a roll back because I can’t hang with the new sounds and either can the guys local to me that know have the same issue since the update.

Sad state of affairs.

Damien posted a link to the old version in a thread. I suggest you use it.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

Sad state of affairs.

you´ve been told already twice in different threads to open a ticket so the support can send you whatever old kemper version you like to restore, so why do keep writing this BS again and again ("Kemper took all the previous versions away for some unknown reason..."??

• no need for conspiracy theories. We always replace the release version when a new one becomes available. If you encounter any issues with the current release please open a support ticket by sending an email to [email protected]. We will send you the older release version by email so you can do some comparison recordings by reamping a DI track in two different versions of the OS.

Not a conspiracy theory but the fact remains the OS version before the new 5.71 was pulled from the kemper website. Actually every version except 1.8 which is years old is gone from the site. Correct me if I’m wrong but it’s unusual behavior for Kemper to remove them and disable “revert to previous OS” in Rig manager.

Had this not been the case I would have been able to troubleshoot this issue much easier. Also, these reports of tone differences is being reported by many more people than myself. Again, no conspiracy but coincidence also only goes so far.

I’ve been a happy Kemper owner for 3 years with zero complaints here on this forum UNTIL this update.

• Kemper didn't remove the old OS Versions, they simply has been never there!!

Always when a new OS is released the former one disappears , that's the way they handles their releases, since their first release

so no one could accidentally download an older Version.

• Not a conspiracy theory but the fact remains the OS version before the new 5.71 was pulled from the kemper website. Actually every version except 1.8 which is years old is gone from the site. Correct me if I’m wrong but it’s unusual behavior for Kemper to remove them and disable “revert to previous OS” in Rig manager.

Had this not been the case I would have been able to troubleshoot this issue much easier. Also, these reports of tone differences is being reported by many more people than myself. Again, no conspiracy but coincidence also only goes so far.

I’ve been a happy Kemper owner for 3 years with zero complaints here on this forum UNTIL this update.

Please check your PM - should allow you to post some comparisons.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• I have this popping sound in RM here too , sometimes when switching, using breakup sounds

But sound wise def no changes

You say you hear no tone differences but how are you assessing this?

Do you tune close to standard tuning? I feel it must be more obvious when you tune down. In drop C or lower the low end is not as defined as it was before the update and there is a faint static noise that runs through the profiles that obscures the actual sound of the notes. Like what a fuzz pedal would do. Again, you have to know your profiles well (I use certain ones every day when recording) and you have to play with some precision. The white noise sound is less obvious but again, when you listen to the same profiles every single day and have EQ’d them in recording sessions you get to know them well.

If you play tight palm mutes you were here that you can not make them percussive because it sounds like the definition parameter is turned way down and someone turned your gain way up.

• You say you hear no tone differences but how are you assessing this?

Do you tune close to standard tuning? I feel it must be more obvious when you tune down. In drop C or lower the low end is not as defined as it was before the update and there is a faint static noise that runs through the profiles that obscures the actual sound of the notes. Like what a fuzz pedal would do. Again, you have to know your profiles well (I use certain ones every day when recording) and you have to play with some precision. The white noise sound is less obvious but again, when you listen to the same profiles every single day and have EQ’d them in recording sessions you get to know them well.

If you play tight palm mutes you were here that you can not make them percussive because it sounds like the definition parameter is turned way down and someone turned your gain way up.

Why won't you try the previous version and post some comparisons? Please check your PM.

Always when a new OS is released the former one disappears , that's the way they handles their releases, since their first release

Not how I remember it. To my recollection the last version is always there for purposes of troubshooting. Regardless of that 3-4 previous rig managers are up there for some reason and OS version 1.8 is still there so Kemper DOES keep previous versions up on the site.

*EDIT

clearly you’ve never looked in tools in rig manager where it says “revert back to previous OS release” .

There’s a section called older software releases man.. how would something accidentally download when you have to go to that section in a drop down menu? Having the last OS in that section would be helpful in many ways.

• Why won't you try the previous version and post some comparisons? Please check your PM.

The link you sent does not work. It says access to doc was denied. You do not have authorization to view this page.

Tried to upload a picture but apparently the file was too big.

How can I get this file?