No Overdub in looper mode - Latest Update 5.7.2.

• Hey all, not sure if this is up anywhere else or I'm being stupid, but after installing the latest update, I can't overdub in the looper. I can record one pass, then the Rec/Play switch does nothing.

I've tried looking in settings to see if overdub can be turned on or off but can't find anything. Has anyone else found this?

• The individual Looper functions cannot be turned on or off.

I can't reproduce the problem on OS 5.7.2

Press Record (Button 1 on the Remote) for the first time --> First Recording

Press again --> Playback

Press again --> Overdub

Is there maybe a problem with the button?

Does the button work properly in normal operation?

• Hey Peter,

Thanks for getting back. Weirdly, doing the exact same thing today, it's now fine. Unsure whether it was a thing with the particular patch I was using, but now all back to normal and can't recreate the problem with any patch/rig.

I restarted the kemper a few times as well yesterday before posting in here, so not sure what would have changed over night. But happy it's all back to normal!

• I'm having the same exact problem after updating to 5.7.2 and it seems to persist even after restarting unfortunately. Not really sure what to do. :(

Edit: It also seems to be specific to certain performance slots/rigs and not others.

• I got the same problem today. I was unable to overdub a Loop.

The led in front of the looper on/off switch kept on litting after turning the looper off... I am on the latest firmware release 5.7.4.14373.

I will try this again tomorrow.. and report here, about what is happening.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Manson DR1 Matthew Bellamy Signature Guitar, Music Man Axis Sport, Fender Nashville Deluxe Tele, Fender 52 American Vintage Reissue Tele 2011, Fender 69 American Vintage Reissue Thinline Tele 2011, Gibson 2015 Les Paul Special doublecut, Epiphone Wilshire Phant-o-matic Frank Iero Signature.

• Hello,

this morning, I tried the looper again and had the same issues as yesterday.

All other functions of the remote are working as usual. I have changed the cat cable too, but nothing changes.

This is happening with different rigs, in the browser as well as in the performancemode.

The led in front of the looper on/off switch kept on litting after turning the looper off... I am on the latest firmware release 5.7.4.14373.

I figured out, that the LED stops litting after switching the looper from "input" to "output" in the system menue..

Peter@Kemper : shall I open a ticket?

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Manson DR1 Matthew Bellamy Signature Guitar, Music Man Axis Sport, Fender Nashville Deluxe Tele, Fender 52 American Vintage Reissue Tele 2011, Fender 69 American Vintage Reissue Thinline Tele 2011, Gibson 2015 Les Paul Special doublecut, Epiphone Wilshire Phant-o-matic Frank Iero Signature.

• If the Looper LED is on half power, this indicates that something is recorded in the looper also when you turn off the looper.

Ah, I never realized that before!

So I will open a ticket for the issue of not overdubbing any loops since yesterday!

Thank you so far, Peter@Kemper!

Nopskii  LukusHolmes : that issue never happened to you a second time?

Regards

Dirk

• I have ot the same problem. Looper no overdub 5.7.7.14 beta

the Kemper support checked my backup and found out, that the reason for that is having too much "dsp-hungry" effects and stomps in the chain (in my case the spring reverb, a plate, parametric eq and some bypassed stomps in the chain)..

• the Kemper support checked my backup and found out, that the reason for that is having too much "dsp-hungry" effects and stomps in the chain (in my case the spring reverb, a plate, parametric eq and some bypassed stomps in the chain)..

So is it by design or getting fixed - did they say?

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Maybe the looper should be an external part inside the remote if the dsp is getting hit hard..

There’s no dsp/memory in the remote, it’s passive to my often misguided knowledge.

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• So is it by design or getting fixed - did they say?

It seems a normal behaviour and nothing to be fixed. I checked my rig once again and it was:

Compressor on, green scream off, harmonizer off, gate on, param. EQ on, spring rev. on, delay off, plate rev on.

The support recommended to clear the slots of the bypassed stomps and fx, since they also need dsp power...

• It seems a normal behaviour and nothing to be fixed. I checked my rig once again and it was:

Compressor on, green scream off, harmonizer off, gate on, param. EQ on, spring rev. on, delay off, plate rev on.

The support recommended to clear the slots of the bypassed stomps and fx, since they also need dsp power...

Hm ok. Not ideal that you have to check if the overdub functionality works to rely on it working.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• lacantina Yeah, still having the problem on all of my patches on 5.7.2.14219.

I'm going to update to the newest now and see if I'm still having the same issue. This did not occur on the beta version I had previously and I didn't change any of my patches in between that update.

CelticGibson I'll try this too to see if it does anything.

Thanks!