No Overdub in looper mode - Latest Update 5.7.2.

• I got the same problem today. I was unable to overdub a Loop.

The led in front of the looper on/off switch kept on litting after turning the looper off... I am on the latest firmware release 5.7.4.14373.

I will try this again tomorrow.. and report here, about what is happening.

This happens often to me. If I turn the unit off and back on it will function normally. But I use the looper live and it gives me great anxiety not to know if it's gonna work or not. Everything else functions normally

• Got the same in the latest version - after 'init globales' and a reboot it worked again.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• Got the same in the latest version - after 'init globales' and a reboot it worked again.

It usually works again after a reboot. But on a gig that's not an option. I use the looper only one time in my set with my band. It is at the very beginning of the first song. It needs to work.

• You need to do the 'init globals' only one time - then reboot - then it should work always fine.

At least it does here.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• This happens often to me. If I turn the unit off and back on it will function normally. But I use the looper live and it gives me great anxiety not to know if it's gonna work or not. Everything else functions normally

Same here...

• We cannot reproduce such an issue with Remote nor Stage nor an external switch with correct polarity.

If you use an external switch to control Looper Start and Looper Stop, make sure it meets the specs: momentary and normally open.

• Switch is working fine. What I noticed today: If I hit "stop" instead of the "play/pause/rec" switch after i have recorded a loop, I have no issues overdubbing. However, thats not exactly how a looper should work.

• I've had this exact problem for months and the only fix is for me to keep rebooting the KPA until it finally works. I opened up a support ticket a while ago and the recommendation was to install the latest KPA os. It worked for a while then the problem returned. I gave up and have just been living with it...

It's my fault for not putting effort into contacting support again but I honestly felt like I was the only user with this problem. Until now!

• This happens often to me. If I turn the unit off and back on it will function normally. But I use the looper live and it gives me great anxiety not to know if it's gonna work or not. Everything else functions normaI.

This still happens, just did (occasionally, but you never know when) and now on, Kemper OS release 7.3.2 only way to solve it is to reboot. We can’t do this at a gig.

• Does anyone still have this problem with Kemper OS 7.5.4? I do...
    Are the any settings to make the overdub function work?

Best regards

• That might actually do the trick. I had the Cirrus reverb in the chain.... since I replaced it, I had no issues anymore.

I guess, this solved the issue!? Overdub has a lower priority than effects. If it doesn't work you need to reduce the complexity of effects in the Rig used.

• I think the ultimate answer is that if you use looping as part of your live show you should probably get a dedicated looper. The looper in the Kemper is an awesome tool for practice and for tweaking patches, but there's a finite limit to what a single unit can do.