Release 5.7.2.14219 X slot Questions

• Each effect module is always in the same position which is printed on the front panel. "X" is printed right hand side of the stack section and cannot be moved. The effect type and settings inside module X could be changed or copied to module MOD or C since day 1.

What's new are the new reverb effects, which are not restricted anymore to the REV module, but can be placed in any effect module including A, B,...,X, MOD, DLY and the fact that the REV module can now hold any effect type, e. g. distortion and not just reverb effects.

• That's too bad. My understanding when I read the following on the anouncment of 5.7 was you could move any effect to any slot in front of or behind the stack:

Effects slots/ placement - Now since OS 5.7 all the FX of the PROFILER incl. Delay and Reverb can now be positioned freely into any FX slot before or after the Amplifier section. This means that the guitar player could place 6 Delays and 2 reverbs around the Amplifer … which might make no sense, but it is possible.

I jumped the the erroneous conclusion you could move the stack (which would be cool). Maybe in a future version. :)

• Each effect module is always in the same position which is printed on the front panel. "X" is printed right hand side of the stack section and cannot be moved.

thanks Burkhard . While I always knew that was the case even with the latest updates I would definitely like to have the ability to change the number of FX infron of and behind the amp section to have anywhere between 8-0 and 0-8. I know so e others have asked for this in the feature requedt section too. While ot is currently not possible and presumably not on the development list, could you confirm whether this limitation is a harware issue or a software decision. In other words, is is simply not possible (and never will be possible) to move the Stack in realtion to FX, or is simply something you don’t currently think there is any need for?

• That's too bad. My understanding when I read the following on the anouncment of 5.7 was you could move any effect to any slot in front of or behind the stack:

Effects slots/ placement - Now since OS 5.7 all the FX of the PROFILER incl. Delay and Reverb can now be positioned freely into any FX slot before or after the Amplifier section. This means that the guitar player could place 6 Delays and 2 reverbs around the Amplifer … which might make no sense, but it is possible.

I jumped the the erroneous conclusion you could move the stack (which would be cool). Maybe in a future version. :)

The statement is true. The effects are not the modules. The effects are now completely flexible. All effect types are available in all effect modules. But the order of the modules within the signal chain is fixed.

• Thanks Burkhard. I know that and have never had any doubt about that. My question was whether they are fixed by harware limitations (in which case it won’t ever be able to be changd) or whether it is software based on your design beliefs. In which case there may still b hope for some that you would change this in a future update.

• The effect type and settings inside module X could be changed or copied to module MOD or C since day 1.

Each effect module is always in the same position which is printed on the front panel. "X" is printed right hand side of the stack section and cannot be moved.

I want to be able to place the external hardware loop in front of the stack. Based on the above statement, you cannot do this because the hardware external loop is physically connected to the X slot. Is that correct?

• I want to be able to place the external hardware loop in front of the stack. Based on the above statement, you cannot do this because the hardware external loop is physically connected to the X slot. Is that correct?

This is not correct. You can assign the loop to any module (this includes A, B, C, D which are pre-stack).

• As Ingolf says, at the moment any effect (including the loop) can be linked to any slot (before or after the amp). The only limitations just now are

A) you can only have 4 FX before the Stack and 4 after the stack. What you put into those slots is entirely up to you. Some people would like to be able to have say 6 stomps before the stack and only 2 FX after. Or 3 stomps before the satck and 5 after etc.

B) only Delay and Reverb slots allow spillover when changing rigs. So if you put a rever in Slot X for example the tails will be cit off when you change rigs.

• I think its already been posted on more than one occasion Damien.

I’m hopeing Burkhard can tells us outright whether is it physically possible or not die to hardware capabilities. Of ot’s not possible there’s no point in asking. If it is possible but just not deemed necessary then I will certainly add another request as I believe it is something many users Including myself would value.

• I think its already been posted on more than one occasion Damien.

I’m hopeing Burkhard can tells us outright whether is it physically possible or not die to hardware capabilities. Of ot’s not possible there’s no point in asking. If it is possible but just not deemed necessary then I will certainly add another request as I believe it is something many users Including myself would value.

IMHO I think this is possible in hardware domain but could be not possible(or possible but with a lot of rework) due the current digital design of the firmware.