Factory Content 5.7 Question

• I've been going through the new rigs one by one in Rig Manager and previewing them on the Profiler, keeping the ones I like and skipping those that already exist.

But are the older / existing rigs updated? Should I just import them all?

Note: I've avoided doing this because I've had bad duplication issues in the past, where I updated the 5.1 or 5.5 content (I forget which) and all of the sudden I had dups of butt-loads of rigs. That took a LONG TIME to clean up. However, I just did a test, uploading the first 3 rigs in the 5.7 content, only one of them with a new name, and there are no dups.

Chris

Nothin' too good for my dog.

• To answer my own question: there are a small number that imported, something under 20. so it's manageable.

And most of those (if not all) ARE dups. but you can safely go through in Rig Manager and delete the ones with older dates. Be sure to check each to see if you have marked it as favorite so you can mark the new version. Review the sound between them -- I found no differences, but kept the new ones anyway.

Back up your rigs before hand, just in case.

Chris

• I dont even care about the basic Factory rigs. I BUY rigs every week , and dowload from RE too, and got enough job fine tuning every rigs and choosing the best . It depends also on the guitar I use so I indicate Les Paul or Gibson retc on every rig as I fine tune. You should try to get the best you can instead of the basic factory ''ordinary'' preset . Buy some you'll see how good some are and it's not expensive . Download some on RE Come on !

• Thanks, good suggestion. Can you expand a bit on who/what "RE" is?

Note that I'm not big on factory presets / rigs either really. I was only messing with them because I thought they would contain some rigs that showcased the new features on the newly released OS. Spoiler: they don't at all as far as I can tell, which is weird.

Thanks, Chris

• RE stands for RigExchange. Start the RigManager and you can download rigs from there.

Ah, cool. Yes, I use RM already and am still going through the included Rig Packs.

I see RE, but I thought was just a user swapping area. Dennis (above) seems to be talking about a market place where rigs are sold ("BUY rigs every week").

I just checked a few RE rigs at random, double-clicking them, and they seemed to load into the KP temp area just fine (without asking for payment).

I also wonder about this "so I indicate Les Paul or Gibson retc on every rig as I fine tune"

"retc" Typo or another undefined acronym?

Thanks to any pointers y'all!

Chris

• I dont even care about the basic Factory rigs. I BUY rigs every week , and dowload from RE too, and got enough job fine tuning every rigs and choosing the best . It depends also on the guitar I use so I indicate Les Paul or Gibson retc on every rig as I fine tune. You should try to get the best you can instead of the basic factory ''ordinary'' preset . Buy some you'll see how good some are and it's not expensive . Download some on RE Come on !

That's a little dismissive. There is a lot of good to excellent stuff in the factory content and the rig exchange. Don't be fooled that there is some chasmic difference in quality between the free rigs and the commercial rigs. Some of the most generally revered rigs out there are freebies. And before anyone chirps I am not dissing the commercial stuff, just sticking up for all the generous people who give you their work for free.

• That's a little dismissive. There is a lot of good to excellent stuff in the factory content and the rig exchange. Don't be fooled that there is some chasmic difference in quality between the free rigs and the commercial rigs. Some of the most generally revered rigs out there are freebies. And before anyone chirps I am not dissing the commercial stuff, just sticking up for all the generous people who give you their work for free.

True-most of the factory content is coming from third party vendors like Michael Britt, TAF and others who generously offer a selection of their best rigs to advertise their rig packs.

• That's a little dismissive. There is a lot of good to excellent stuff in the factory content and the rig exchange. Don't be fooled that there is some chasmic difference in quality between the free rigs and the commercial rigs. Some of the most generally revered rigs out there are freebies. And before anyone chirps I am not dissing the commercial stuff, just sticking up for all the generous people who give you their work for free.

Couldn’t agree more, in fact after nearly 7 years still have not bought any commercial profiles, The rig packs offered by vendors does nothing to sway me either, still use the same 1/2 dozen or so profiles for ages, they satisfy me.

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.