Bass recording

• sorry about the noob question. If you are recording a bass profile, one clean and one distorted, do you just use the DI and then reamp later if necessary, this is for metal and rock music. should i just record one clean profile and one distorted profile instead of DI ing it ? thanks in advance. cheers.

• I use the digital out (or analog outs) and set the output for GTR/Amp Stack out (or Mono Master if wet) and record into two tracks.

Then I balance as needed or I can reamp if necessary using the DI to drive the Kemper again.

The DI might be all you need for your clean profile. I typically use the Ton Ham Clean profile for the amp sound, which is actually another DI but sounds great. This would be for a clean sound, rock, pop etc.

These profiles go to 11!

• I would say that in general (guitar or bass) if you can record DI, always do.

So that when that inevitable time comes when you just played a song or part perfectly but you just don't like the tone, you can re-amp! ;)

And for bass re-amping for a 2nd track/sound/profile is always a good option.