Kemper MidiControl via iPad/forScore for live performance

• Hi, this seems great! I already got the Yamaha MD BT01 and will try to configure ForScore before our next gig.

I have some questions, regarding the ForScore usage you described if you don't mind.

Do you send only thePerformance Number change from the ForScore, the Slot number or both, and do you still use a remote controller?

For instance when you flip in the ForScore app to a certain page where the solo begins can you switch to the "Lead" slot? This seems a little too complex for me. Actually I would only send the performance number when switching to a new song in ForScore and choose the slots using the remote. In fact I don't know if ForScore can send MIDI messages also when flipping the pages in a pdf file.

Thank you in advance.

Sorry for being late, I just noticed your question :)

I send both: performance and slot. I use it like this at the moment:

When switching to the next song I select the lead sheet in ForScore and then press the Midi-Button I layed down onto the sheet (You can assigne a Midi program change to these colorful buttons). I do this because I dont always want to change the performance and slot just by turning pages in ForScore but you could do this if you would like to.

After selecting the performance/slot for the song we are about to play I'll do the rest on my remote since I followed Kempers recommendation here: each part of the song gets its own slot - especially the solo ;). So when soloing I'll just hit my remote on Slot 5 (my default solo slot) and go for it.

You could do this in ForScore as well, but for me hitting the remote always seems easier than pressing a button since my fingers are always busy playing guitar ;)

If we played on click or by using something like ableton live I would maybe let ableton activate my solo slot and flip the pages for me but since we dont use this kind of setup I leave everything as it is, since I am really happy!

At the moment I have around 70 performances stored and I never have to worry about changing orders since I can finde the right performance by using ForScore - that is the main reason for me using ForScore and Midi.

• Hi,

Thanks Basti for those informations. Is anybody use this configuration with kemper and H9 eventide ? When I read the eventide forums, I see a lot of users have issues with the H9 and midi over bluetooth menu. I would like to control with Forscore app the kemper and H9 wireless.

Last question : I would like control Forscore from a midi bluetooth pedalbord with 4 switchs. Two switches for page up and down, one switch to send cc to kemper and last switch to Tap tempo. Do you think irig blueboard or Airturn BT200S-4 can do that ?

Thanks for your helping

• Thanks for your replies.

Sorry for my mistake, this is Program change for the performance mode and Control change for Tap tempo.

Any experiences with the blueboard or Airturn devices?

Thanks

• Bringing the post form the dead lol.

Is it possible to use the Yamaha with forscore and a irig blue turn at the same time?

The Yamaha is already midi to Bluetooth, is it possible to also have a bt page turner?

Would love to have my performances selected each time I hit a new song with the irig blueturn

• Little feedback.

Received the Yamaha md bt 01 today.

Plugged

Installed midi wrench on iPad

Spend half an hour trying to understand how midi works lol.
    Never ever programmed one thing in midi in my life…

finally managed to understand it and been programming midi from forscore to kemper on 80 songs… :)

works fantastic (at home at least)

do you know how we can send #cc with forscore.

I would love to open a sheet in forscore and for exemple go to performance 2 rig 4 but be able to switch on the mod block that is not activated by default.
    or with the delay activated and with a different level.

Is it possible?