Randall rd5h wont take a direct profile.

• I've tried the manuals suggestions and i keep getting 2 errors "amp is too noisy" "amp is to low in volume or high in volume" This amp has a built in load box. Im running

the speaker emulated out into the return input like the manual says and all i get is these errors. I've tried selecting cabinet AND no cabinet and i get the same errors.. Then i used my recording interface to turn the volume up and down and i still get the same errors. What is wrong? I wanna use this head with the kemper cabs.

• I've profiled a few tube amps through loadboxes, including one internal to the amp, with no problems.

The noise warning can show up with any type of profiling (studio, direct/no cab , using load or not) if there's too much noise coming from the amp, which has only happened to me when using very very high gain tones. But that's not bothered me as these aren't typically tones I use.

There's been a couple of exceptions where the emulated out or even headphone out had too weak and noisy a signal for Kemper. But I don't think that's the case for an amp like yours.

Just before hitting "profile" there's an option in Kemper UI where you can control the signal coming in. Perhaps playing with that could help with the warning signals you are getting about volume?.. How do amp settings influence the output of the emulated out ? Can you hear the amp through the Kemper before you hit "start profiling" at all?

Also -- can the cab Sim be disabled in the Randall for the emulated out? Because if not, and you shoot a full profile, just switching cabs in kemper won't give you the most authentic results considering amp-cab/mic separation likely won't be perfect -- just a note.

The bonanza

• Dimi84

"Can you hear the amp through the Kemper before you hit "start profiling" at all?"

No i couldnt and couldnt figure out why until i plugged into amp itaelf to profile. So im doing emulated out of the amp into return input of kemper and i only hear the amp when plugged into the amp i can then hear it through the kemper. If im plugged into the kempers input i cant hear it.

Ive messed with very very negative volume levels on the kemper AND my interface trying to profile and it still wont accept it. I get the same errors i listed originally. What am i doing wrong ? The kemper is in the green too when playing so how the hell can it be too noisy or loud. Baffling.

• Are you running Kemper direct out into amp's input? I may have misunderstood your set up -- but signal is supposed to run from Kemper out to the input of the amp. Your guitar plugs into kemper's input. Then you run the emulated out to the return of Kemper.

The bonanza

• Hey wait. Which output from the kemper ? Direct out ? Monitor out ? Thats all i need to know i understand the rest of what you wrote. And thanks again. The manual...all it said was to plug head emulated out to kemper return input...

• Hey wait. Which output from the kemper ? Direct out ? Monitor out ? Thats all i need to know i understand the rest of what you wrote. And thanks again. The manual...all it said was to plug head emulated out to kemper return input...

Direct out should work fine. Guitar into Kemper, direct out of Kemper into amp input, then emulated out into Kemper return.

The bonanza