KPA Powerhead Rig

• Hi Kemper Experts,

I’m very close to making my purchase on a KPA after hours of research and advice/opinions, some of which have been a little conflicting, so here’s a little insight into the end goal.

Use 1: I want to use this for home/writing and band practice and play through an Orange 2x12 (120w @ 16ohms)

Use 2: I want to gig/tour with it and either go direct to the desk/FOH or play through my 2x12 for venues or areas who may not offer monitors/PA etc

NOW

Given my intention to both tour/get around a bit with gear and play through an Orange 2x12 (of which I’ve been heard both good and bad feedback), I’ve been recommended the powerhead rack version. Correct?

From here, I’m wondering:

1. Will there be any issues with the KPA driving my cab of choice? I get lost at watts and ohms and have heard feedback such as not being loud enough at a practice or risk blowing the cab. I know monitors are the way to go but I’m yet to open my mind and am stuck in my ways with a cab after purchasing my 2x12.

2. The powered rack comes in the mail, yay, is there anything else required other than speaker cables to be able to just whip her out of the box and start playing through the cab straight away?

3. This is a more gear/new user type question, but will the powered unit power anything else in my end rig/rack (KPA Powerhead, wireless unit, rack tuner, Orange 2x12) goal or will I need additional bits and bobs with anything outside of the KPA - I was recommended a power conditioner (Furman) to power/regulate power to the other components of the rack. Would I need something else to power the Wireless/Tuner etc?

Just to reiterate, I’m wanting to run a rack setup for home and touring use consisting of a KPA powerhead, wireless unit, rack tuner driving though a Orange 2x12.

Cheers and thank you for your patience!

• 1 no. As long as your cab is 8ohm or more.

Potentially the 600w amp can blow any speaker...but if your cab is 75w or more...and your not gonna put it at “11”...no worries.

2 idnk If an USB cable is included to hook it to your PC, which is nice to check the rig Exchange. In the early days you needed a USB stick to update to latest iOS...idnk of that is still the case. Regardless...its plug and play anyway. You might wanna scout some profiles before it comes in the mail.

3 you only need to ditch that rack tuner...assuming you have the controler ;)

• 1. Will there be any issues with the KPA driving my cab of choice? I get lost at watts and ohms and have heard feedback such as not being loud enough at a practice or risk blowing the cab. I know monitors are the way to go but I’m yet to open my mind and am stuck in my ways with a cab after purchasing my 2x12. - It will also drive a 4 ohm cab so no concerns. Although its 600watts, unless you run it flat out, you won't blow speakers either, so you8 can run almost any cab.

2. The powered rack comes in the mail, yay, is there anything else required other than speaker cables to be able to just whip her out of the box and start playing through the cab straight away? Nope.

3. This is a more gear/new user type question, but will the powered unit power anything else in my end rig/rack (KPA Powerhead, wireless unit, rack tuner, Orange 2x12) goal or will I need additional bits and bobs with anything outside of the KPA - I was recommended a power conditioner (Furman) to power/regulate power to the other components of the rack. Would I need something else to power the Wireless/Tuner etc? The Kemepr powered just included an amp. It is not a "power" unit or conditioner. I have a cheaper conditioner, not becuase it really needs it but just because I also run a wireless.

Also agree, ditch the tuner, not needed. I also agree powered is the way to go for what you need. I bought the powered rack, never looked back!!