• Damn, I tried the JVM410H yesterday (was actually a coincidence because I forgot my Kemper at the rehearsal and somebody lend me the Marshall) and I'm amazed by how great it sounds. I've been playing so long on a Kemper that I forgot how a real amp sounds. There is still a big difference, especially in the dynamics and pumping of the air. I'm thinking of going back to a tube amp (I have the DSL20RH and plan to try it next rehearsal). I'm really curious if Kemper can make its promises true with the new speaker that they will release at the end of the year. I really really hope that the sound will then be as powerful and dynamic as a real tube amp...

• This has been one of my favourite amps for years now, so I'm not surprised you loved it, mate. The only issue with it is it can be a bit noisy, a problem which Profiling overcomes.

PM me if you're interested in my opinion of which 410H Profile pack is the best. With any luck it'll help put a lid on your real-amp GAS.

• Too funny, Liam. :D

Hi, I'm interested too to your opinion about the best 410H profile pack! :P

PM me, Allex. Every time I mention this I receive a bunch of enquiries and haven't had a complaint yet.

I s'pose the take-home message is that if you're a JVM fan, the Kemper can certainly deliver. Plus, when the Kemper-cabinet stuff becomes available I can only assume that it'll bring our beloved beastie even-closer to the real thing.

• I read somewhere on the forum that you can only get this dynamic sound with a guitar speaker, not with a FR monitor, which is normally what I'm using (the Yamaha DXR12). I remembered I had taken profiles of the DSL20HR and I compared it to the real thing, on the same Marshall speaker cab, and I have to say it's really really close. So from now on, I will be using a real guitar speaker on the rehearsals and live. Will check out the new kemper speaker at the end of the year too. I still love that JVM410HR sound, hope to profile it or to find a good profile that matches it. I used the clean channel, orange mode, volume 4, Bass 9, Middle 10, Treble 6, Gain 6, which gives a classic rock rhythm sound.

• Damn, I tried the JVM410H yesterday (was actually a coincidence because I forgot my Kemper at the rehearsal and somebody lend me the Marshall) and I'm amazed by how great it sounds. I've been playing so long on a Kemper that I forgot how a real amp sounds. There is still a big difference, especially in the dynamics and pumping of the air. I'm thinking of going back to a tube amp (I have the DSL20RH and plan to try it next rehearsal). I'm really curious if Kemper can make its promises true with the new speaker that they will release at the end of the year. I really really hope that the sound will then be as powerful and dynamic as a real tube amp...

No, Kemper can not. It may be come close but it's still not a tube amp. You must not compare a full tube amp stack (i.e. Marshall JVM410H with 1960) with a KPA + FRFR speaker.