Rig Exchange Rigs with Questionable Amp Information (Split Off from "Gems" Thread)

• Cameron CCV 01 57/121 by ElevenEleven Studios

This one , easily transforms my P90 semi hollow to a metal machine

Thank you, Renaud! 8):thumbup:

You might want to edit post #16 to show the Rig name; it'll save others scratching their heads the way I did.

• I have been wondering about those RickyStorti profiles. They seem to be using someone else's amps and cabs if you check the meta data?

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• I have been wondering about those RickyStorti profiles. They seem to be using someone else's amps and cabs if you check the meta data?

I did notice the Deadlight cab, so I figured it was the amp with an IR or Kemper cab. It's hard to deduce sometimes because although Lars has commercial cabs, I believe he's shared some for free in the past.

Would make sense if the RickyStorti profiles on the exchange were a little unscrupulous. By and large almost every profile he's uploaded has been very good for my tastes. Will have to check later and see if it's actually from someone else. That would suck and mods should take them down at that point.

• Be careful before you start a witch hunt.

I've just checked one of my own profiles (not on RE) and while I show up as the Author of the Rig, The amp and the cab shows as M Britt. This is definitely not the case. It may well be that whatever is loaded in the Kemper when you make a profile has some influence on the data that is stored with the new profile.

Just a thought.

• Be careful before you start a witch hunt.

I've just checked one of my own profiles (not on RE) and while I show up as the Author of the Rig, The amp and the cab shows as M Britt. This is definitely not the case. It may well be that whatever is loaded in the Kemper when you make a profile has some influence on the data that is stored with the new profile.

Just a thought.

I agree, except the amp section of each corresponds to a different seller. For example, his "Super lead 68" has all the info the popular Top Jimi 68 Super Lead and is the only profile to have those details.

• 1959RR ch2 vol6 boost by David G Burns.

My early fave for vintage-rock mojo. Dial the treble back a tad and reduce Definition for extra mojo and character. At first your ears will think it's too-dark, but play for a bit and you'll see what I mean.

The tweak will increase graininess, but it's "good grainy". Try it through a good wah too.

I listened long ago on this one and Monkey is right, it has something going on for sure

• Brian Carl is a profile-maker/seller and I don’t believe he’s knowingly shared any on the Rig Exchange.

He does have a free pack and *maybe* those particular ones are from it but I don’t know that for sure.

• Brian Carl is a profile-maker/seller and I don’t believe he’s knowingly shared any on the Rig Exchange.

He does have a free pack and *maybe* those particular ones are from it but I don’t know that for sure.

He puts his free samples on the Rig Exchange unlike most of the other vendors. His stuff is my favorite I think. I have bought 5 or 6 packs from him but my favorites are the Deluxe + free one and another Morgan free one he sent out to people on his mailing list.

• I've just checked one of my own profiles (not on RE) and while I show up as the Author of the Rig, The amp and the cab shows as M Britt.

I have a bunch of M Britt and also some Top Jimi profiles. I remember the other day bringing up a profile that I thought was Top Jimi but seeing M Britt in the amp / cab details.

I thought maybe I was wrong and it was just an M Britt profile that I'd copied to the wrong folder when organizing (which may well be the case), but I wonder if maybe I somehow caused this to happen.

Given your comments I'll have to dig deeper and see if it's really from my M Britt collection and just in the wrong folder, or if I somehow screwed up the info on a Top Jimi one. If there are discrepancies I think it's pretty safe to say in this case that it wouldn't be either of the highly regarded vendors, but rather a mistake on my end. If that's the case, I need to find out how it happened so I don't screw up anything else.

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10