Very Disappointed in RM

• this is my opinion!

I see many people praising the rig manager software. I'm not one to pee on anyone's parade but lets be honest this thing sucks a lot.... 2 levels of folders honestly? this thing is totally void of any frills. I hear comments like "it's free" ... don't look a gifthorse in the mouth" .. (NO IT'S NOT FREE YOU BOUGHT THE KEMPER) so in order to remain competitive against the helix for instance they had to have a software solution name one effects processor that doesn't have one ..even the Headrush (which is not close in sound) has a giant screen and still squeeked out a very full software solution... so they polished this turd of a software and said well we really did't want to create a software but here is something we put together .. thank you soo much !!! the truth is they have to . if they really didn't want to create one then why did they use their own file system instead of making it unlocked and giving the source so users could create one?

now before you all flame me I want to say on the hardware side the Kemper is the single greatest music hardware I ever bought .. but I just feel like it's a little dishonest to try and gain praise that they gave us this turd (its basically excel with hardware connection)

I expect better for the 2000 dollar price

"Energy is derived from both the plus and negatives"

I have my aloe vera on stand by let the flamming begin !!8o

• I agree with you basically. Often people use this argument here that we get software or improvements for free. But most of the competitive equipment has these functions practically from the market appearance. It is simply a marketing strategy that forces it. A smaller team and improvements extended over time. But also longer support for the device and the lack of introducing new products in exchange for older versions.

So basically you have the right to feel that you would like additional features. And that's what the forum section called Feature request is for.

• NAMM 2019: Rig Manager 3.0 Editor

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Well at least your honest. RM is nothing special, I agree, but at least we have the KPA and they're working on making the GUI better. Glad your enjoying the part that we really made that investment for. I think I forgot something, oh yeah the flames.;)

Welcome!

• Rig Manager is really just a way to not have to painstakingly load profiles via USB stick to audition and manually delete them. For that it's quite alright. Problem is that it runs out of usefulness immediately after that, which is a bit tragic.

The editor they showed at NAMM is at least something, but hopefully they expand beyond that. It more or less looks like knobs built into Rig Manager than a full editor like you find with comparable devices. That still has worth but it's a letdown if that's what we're getting after these years of asking for it. Hopefully there is better management included with it, including banks for quickly accessible amps/cabs/effects presets to be quickly selected from a stored location. Only time will tell.

I would say RM is less of a turd and more like a frustrating tease. For all of its limitations, I still make use of it, though. May as well.

• Well, imagine not having RM either. That would be the so-called bonanza. It would render Kemper near unusable for me for recording.

The unofficial editor out there is great. It's not totally clear to me how much of an advantage the official one coming up will offer over "toast me". Depends on how much functionality is added. The fact that it seems to be part of RM may be an advantage.

Will know when it comes out and I test both side by side, I guess. And cabs for me with Kemper most of the time live in the daw pretty much.

The bonanza

• It's not totally clear to me how much of an advantage the official one coming up will offer over "toast me". Depends on how much functionality is added. The fact that it seems to be part of RM may be an advantage.

I think it will be great ! The advantage is that it will be integrated with RM database . You can load rig morphing settings (which is not possible with MIDI - at least I don't know how to do it ) , and save rigs . Whole FX managment could be a lot easier with simple database operations.

• The main issue I have with Rig Manger is the lack of organization options. There needs to be a way to be able to store profiles in lists and folders without having to duplicate the profile each time. Adobe Lightroom lets you add a photo to different folders but they all point back to the same file. That way if you make an edit, all versions are edited, or you can duplicate if you prefer to keep them separate.

These profiles go to 11!

• I think it will be great ! The advantage is that it will be integrated with RM database . You can load rig morphing settings (which is not possible with MIDI - at least I don't know how to do it ) , and save rigs . Whole FX managment could be a lot easier with simple database operations.

Yes, I guess so. But if there's important functions omitted which would require me to reach Kemper -- or then I'd have to use both toast me and the official editor at the same time.. not sure which way I'd go. Then again not as different Maybe as using RM now anyway, even if running toast me same time.

Well, will have to see how the editor is when it's released.

Morphing doesn't interest me personally, since eq, gain don't behave as much like the Real amp.

The bonanza

• Here's a mini-flame..

First post and using the words sucks, turd and dishonest....

While you may have some valid criticisms, in 7 years of using my KPA, those are words I have never used in conjunction with this company.

Welcome, seriously.

Edited once, last by Gizmo: grammar! ().

• We've all been here before when discussing this. Yes, the consumer should do their research. At the same time, many buyers, like myself, took it for granted that a digital product in the vein of Line 6, Fractal, etc, would have an in-depth editor. It's an industry standard at this point and pretty elementary. If the buyer assumes and then discovers, as I did, that there is in fact no desktop editor and only Rig Manager, there's an immediate frustration after the premium $ that you shelled out. Far lesser and simpler products have desktop/device remotes & editors.

I do think that the word "turd" isn't appropriate, though. RM is plenty useful, just frustratingly limited.

• Hmmm I find RM very useful with thousands of amps ,

I can manage them and put some order in there . Its not perfect but it does serve a great purpose here and bottom line , it works .

That and Toastme working together, i can't complain . it's not perfect but at least my tone is .... LOL I'm happy

• I guess I should download RM and join the frustrated crowd. Lol. I have been just working it all with a stick and my eye glasses. ?

Don't commit to be frustrated until you try it. It definitely is an asset to the KPA as you will soon find out. I for one can't stand when people, like the OP stir the sauce and then never comment again. Plenty of time has past for him/ her to comment on the thread that they started. My appologies for liking his post on what I thought was an honest opinion. Yes it was a little harsh but take typed opinions with a grain of salt.

Damn, I can't unlike what I did two weeks ago.:(

• I think it is a very healthy symptom. Recently, when I was here, every attempt at criticism was met with an unhealthy attack of fanatics on the critic. And so we greeted each other, we agreed that the ideal (yet) does not exist, that's all. There are some imperfections (pros and cons) like in any other equipment or software today.

It's good to talk about it loud and clear and honestly. I have taken a lot of criticism about TME myself and drew conclusions about what I can improve.

And I never treated it as an attack.

I'm not saying that RM is bad. On the contrary. I argue that it can be and probably will be even better :)

And one of the ways to do this is posting feature requests.

• I think it is a very healthy symptom. Recently, when I was here, every attempt at criticism was met with an unhealthy attack of fanatics on the critic. And so we greeted each other, we agreed that the ideal (yet) does not exist, that's all. There are some imperfections (pros and cons) like in any other equipment or software today.

It's good to talk about it loud and clear and honestly. I have taken a lot of criticism about TME myself and drew conclusions about what I can improve.

And I never treated it as an attack.

I'm not saying that RM is bad. On the contrary. I argue that it can be and probably will be even better :)

And one of the ways to do this is posting feature requests.

I'm surprised you received any criticisms over TME. Seriously, you're a person who wasn't paid that decided to invest presumably hundreds or thousands of hours of your own time to create a tool that consumers have been clamoring to get for years, and offer it at no cost. I haven't used it but lots of people seem really happy over it. If the NAMM preview over the RM-incorporated editor is the limits of what will be offered in the end, TME still kills it in functionality.

Leave it to people to get something for free and criticize the people who gave it to them at no cost.

But you hit the nail on the head with the problem on remotely any forum. You have a contingent of fanatics who don't have the maturity to handle any even slight critique of a product that they emotionally clutch to. It's as if validating their purchase is all that matters. Likewise, there are people who get very dissatisfied with a product and make it a goal to trash it whenever possible. Each requires mental gymnastics that lacks anything constructive in the end.

• Hmmm I find RM very useful with thousands of amps ,

I can manage them and put some order in there . Its not perfect but it does serve a great purpose here and bottom line , it works .

That and Toastme working together, i can't complain . it's not perfect but at least my tone is .... LOL I'm happy

?