2 questions about backup and restore process

• I’m pretty convinced the latest official release with the new reverbs has affected the way my rigs sound. The reverbs all sound much more prominent in my rigs’ mixes. So that leads me to 2 questions.

If I want to roll back to the previous official firmware, I’m assuming the correct order to do everything would be to first load the firmware version that I want to use, and then load the backup of my rigs and settings using the restore feature and my USB stick, correct?

Second question is, can I rename the backups so that they make more sense? For example, any time I create a backup, Kemper stores it with the date, some numbers and then whatever file extension it uses. So can I for example, instead of using the date, rename it to something like “date-whatever-text-I-want.kemper file extension”? As long as I don’t edit the file extension, (i think it’s something like .kpr) I should be able to rename the backup, correct?

Right now, all I have is dates listed. So I don’t really have any idea what differentiates the backups. I figured renaming them with a reminder of what I changed could help.

• #1 Yep, that's the order.

#2 I never tried it, but I doubt it would hurt anything to see what happens. I would copy the backup file somewhere first, so you can copy it back with its original name if that's required.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• There has been an issue in the way reverbs stored before 5.x were migrated into the new reverb types introduced with 5.7. Some parameters were not correctly "interpreted". This issue didn't affect Rigs already stored under any 5.x OS and it is solved since 5.7.4. So, your old reverberated Rigs and reverb presets should sound like they used to in 5.7.4 release without any further intervention needed.

#1 The order doesn't matter.

#2 Yes, you can rename backup archives, if you leave the extension as is.