LEGACY REV question

• Hi everyone,

I'm confused what will happen to my rigs when updating to OS 5.7 . I looked at the addendum manual, but there is no real description about the legacy mode. So here it goes:

1. Will my rigs (using the older delays) sound the same when I update to 5.7?

2. Is there a table for which-parameter settings equals the old reverb types?

Cheers:)

• if you update to the 5.7.4 public beta the rigs will sound the same. There was a bug in the previous version that changed the reverb mix settings in rigs that were stored in a version previous to version 5.

I think the presets and parameters from rigs should be converted automatically. But there are some issues so it is better to wait for next(5.7.4) release.

Wow that was quick, thank you guys!!!

So question 1 is covered with version 5.7.4

What about question 2? Is there a table where I can look up how to recreate the old reverbs, I quite like them ;)

• 1.:Try 5.7.4! You can always go back to older versions. :thumbup:

2.:If you decide to stick to an older version:/ (pre 5.7.4) just lower reverb mix in profiles that seem to have too much reverb.

3.: Start using the new reverbs. ;)You probably might like them better ;o) (But of course YMMV)8)

• 3. You can download Kemper's "Addendum 5.7" for a description of how Legacy Reverb works, as well as the new ones :)

https://www.kemper-amps.com/downloads/5/User-Manuals

All I found was the following description. I don't see how I would be able to recreate, say the room reverb, with the given information... which seems to have time-warped, since it's already looking back from a point in time where OS 6 is current ;)

"

Legacy Reverb

The Legacy Reverb is based on the first reverb algorithm created for the PROFILER. The main purpose of this reverb type is to maintain full backward compatibility with Rigs that have been created before the advent of PROFILER operating system 6.0.

If you are going to build a new reverb from scratch, you should select one of the new reverb types instead.

"

• if you update to the 5.7.4 public beta the rigs will sound the same. There was a bug in the previous version that changed the reverb mix settings in rigs that were stored in a version previous to version 5.

So to clarify, I updated to the official 5.7 release that came out at the very beginning of March and I noticed that my reverbs will much louder and higher in the mix. So in order to correct it and get them to sound like they used to, do I need to revert back to the older firmware and THEN update to the 5.7.4, or can I just go from the version that is loaded now to 5.7.4 and it will correct the mixes at that point?

• You can go straight up to the new version since your rigs would not have been affected or changed by the previous OS...

No, that’s what I’m saying. I was on the official release that was out before the release with the new reverbs. I then upgraded to that one, and it changed my reverbs. So my question is, if I upload to the firmware that just came out in the last couple days, is it going to take my reverbs back to the way they were before the new reverb firmware came out (which is what I want), or is it going to keep my rigs with the current messed up reverbs and just update to 5.7.4, thinking that my reverbs are the way I want them (which is not the case). I need to know if this latest release that just came out will recognize that my reverbs were screwed up with the 5.7 release and correct those parameters.

• I just tried it there now with the factory installed rigs that use the old reverbs and the settings all change with each rig. Whether they mess up the reverbs I don't know because I have nothing to compare it to but they sound fine to me...

• So to clarify, I updated to the official 5.7 release that came out at the very beginning of March and I noticed that my reverbs will much louder and higher in the mix. So in order to correct it and get them to sound like they used to, do I need to revert back to the older firmware and THEN update to the 5.7.4, or can I just go from the version that is loaded now to 5.7.4 and it will correct the mixes at that point?

if you did not store the rigs with the wrong settings they will sound like they did originally when you update from 5.7.2 to 5.7.4