Strange issue using HS5 monitors

• Hi Guys,

I'm new here, just got a powered Kemper a few months ago. I've been using a decent pair of Sennheiser headphones and everything sounding great and dialing in tones, its been a blast. Today I bought a pair of Yamaha HS5 monitors, plug them in using XLR cables and I get a weird latency/delay effect when playing. Hit a string or a chord and it takes a sec for the sound to come out of the monitors. Plus the monitors have a huge "hall" type sound so not even close to a tighter sound when I use the headphones. This huge hall effect seems to even over shadow or muddy whatever you are playing. I'm using a very low volume (bedroom setting) but I assume the sound should be clean and tight still? Playing 80's metal, guitar using EVH style humbucker and using normal delays and effects in the Kemper.

Thoughts?? Thanks in advance....

J

• Just checked, you're correct, I changed the setting and all is well. MANY THANKS! It seems I have to edit each "Tone" one by one since I changed one Tone to the "Master Stereo" and switch to another and it was still set to "REV/DLY".

Any suggestions on what settings I should set the HS5's on the back of them? Really appreciate the fast response.

J

• The settings of the Output Section are "global", they are not stored per rig; in other words, you don't have to edit every rig. I don't know what you did but unless you are on some different output preset, everything coming from the main outputs should now come out "Master Stereo" once you set it.

I don't know about "the back of your Yamaha speakers" question, but I'd turn them up to max volume and control the actual volume through the Kemper (once again in the output section).