Unplugging Remote cable

• I haven't experienced a problem yet. Are you keeping the button pressed while pulling?

Yes, it seems to free slightly. Pushing the cable back into the slot, I can hear it click, back into place. Just got the remote, so I'm not sure what to expect. Seems like the RJ45 connection isn't full disconnecting from the remote?

• Yesterday I got a spare cable for the remote. I just tried it out, and it seems to fit and unplug as easily as my other cable. All I can recommend is to plug in/out a few times to loosen things up

• Are you pulling on the cable, or the metal surround? Pull on the metal surround - gently wiggle it side to side a little. If it is out of round, it may be a little stubborn. It seem odd to me if it is more difficult to remove than it was to insert.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm plugging the metal surround and there doesn't seem to be much wiggle room within the socket. I could actually understand it being a little harder to remove, in case you don't want to it disconnecting during a performance.

I'll try and post a video of it this evening.

I hope this doesn't have to go back to Kemper!

• It's possible the RJ-45 insert on your cable still has a detent tab (like a conventional network cable). That would cause precisely the symptoms you describe. If such a case I can't think of any elegant way to remove it without destroying the cable connector.

• It's possible the RJ-45 insert on your cable still has a detent tab (like a conventional network cable). That would cause precisely the symptoms you describe. If such a case I can't think of any elegant way to remove it without destroying the cable connector.

Cheers for the suggestion. I've already reached out to Kemper and they are RMAing the unit. :)

• These Neutrik Ethercon housings are mounted around a standard RJ-45 connector which is already connected to the cable. You could do this with any RJ-45 cable/jack. As part of this process you have to break off the nose of the RJ-45 connector. Perhaps this has been forgotten in this case!? In that case you could simply unmount the housing, break the nose off, and mount the housing again. If you need instructions/illustrations you can find those on the web provided by Neutrik.

• These Neutrik Ethercon housings are mounted around a standard RJ-45 connector which is already connected to the cable. You could do this with any RJ-45 cable/jack. As part of this process you have to break off the nose of the RJ-45 connector. Perhaps this has been forgotten in this case!? In that case you could simply unmount the housing, break the nose off, and mount the housing again. If you need instructions/illustrations you can find those on the web provided by Neutrik.

Doesn't the RJ-45 insert go into the shell from the rear? If that's the case, there'd be no way to slide the housing past the RJ-45.

• Sometimes it helps to try things out. I detached the Neutrik housing from my Remote cable and plugged in another RJ-45 jack with its nose. And without any issue was able to pull it out to the back again. If this is the issue, it could be fixed in 10 seconds.