Digitech Looper pedal KPA vs. Tube Amp

• For those of you using looper pedals with your KPA, I'm curious to know opinions on why my digitech jamMan sounds muffled w/ poor quality when I run it through the fx loop on the KPA (as well as directly in, in front of the guitar) through my orange 2 x 12. When I run the looper through the fx loop in my peavey tube head, the looper functions clean and clear, with all guitar parts sounding distinct. Using the digitech looper through the KPA, it almost seems as though there is sonically only room for 1 guitar sound, whether its the looped track or the one your playing in real time, but certainly not both like I get out of my tube head.

I have yet to tinker with looping w/ the KPA remote, maybe this will produce a different sound?

Thanks!

• Where are you placing the effects loop in the chain of the KPA, I assume the peavey effects loop is places the effect between the pre and power amp section. Are you using a stereo or mono effects loop on the KPA?, the jam man is stereo right?, might be summing to mono in the peavey giving more room?

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• Yeah I never noticed any degradation, I always placed the looper after the amp section in the x or mod slot with a stereo loop or via the main outs.

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• Yeah I never noticed any degradation, I always placed the looper after the amp section in the x or mod slot with a stereo loop or via the main outs.

Thanks for the info! I'm primarily referring to high gain tones sounding poor. I want to say I was putting the looper/fx loop up front in the stomp A slot. What do you mean by stereo loop?

I was under the impression that if I set the KPA to have an fx loop in any slot, I can then run either a single pedal or an entire external pedal board via the direct out/send + return/input 1/4" jacks on the rear panel. I guess you're saying this hook up is correct, but the sound quality changes based on which slot the fx loop goes in?

• Assign it to one of th post amp FX slots. That way the loop will be recorded with the amp sound and play back the full tone as recorded without addin firther distortion. At the moment you have the looper recording a clean guitar signal then sending it througn the amp at the same time as sending the additional guitar sound creating a muddy situation. Also, if you put it after the amp you can actually change amp sounds between the original loop(s) and the later loop(s) live solo to create more clarity and separation between the parts.

• Assign it to one of th post amp FX slots. That way the loop will be recorded with the amp sound and play back the full tone as recorded without addin firther distortion. At the moment you have the looper recording a clean guitar signal then sending it througn the amp at the same time as sending the additional guitar sound creating a muddy situation. Also, if you put it after the amp you can actually change amp sounds between the original loop(s) and the later loop(s) live solo to create more clarity and separation between the parts.

Awesome, I'll give this a shot