Main Out vs Monitor Out

• I need a quick clarification between Main Output and Monitor Output.

I just got the Tech21 Power Engine Deuce Deluxe and it sounds AWESOME. I connect the Kemper's Main Output into the Deuce Deluxe's Input. On the Kemper, it sounds way better with Cab Sim on, I tried with Cab sim off and it was thin and sterile, so I want to keep Cab Sim on.

I will be playing at a gig soon where I want to use both Main Outputs to send stereo signal to FOH. But I will also have my Deuce Deluxe on stage blasting away as well.

Q: Since both Main Outs will be taken, can I use the Monitor Out with Cab Sim ON and it be the same sound as Main Out?

Thank you for your time!

• The Tech21 cabinet you have is a FRFR type of cabinet . Leave your cab on for the monitor output and send the mains to FOH.

Only turn off the cab if your are using a traditional guitar cabinet and power amp and or powered Kemper (using the powered output).

• The Tech21 cabinet you have is a FRFR type of cabinet . Leave your cab on for the monitor output and send the mains to FOH.

Only turn off the cab if your are using a traditional guitar cabinet and power amp and or powered Kemper (using the powered output).

Right. Which is what I said haha. My question was if Monitor Out (cab on) is the same as Main Out, which has been answered.

• I use the earlier version - Tech 21 Power Engine - monitor out with Cab off - and this works fine for me. Read up on the Output Section parameters, output options (i.e. Master Mono) and linking volumes. There is a lot there that you can trip on if you don't understand and set it up properly. On rare occasions, I have to change my setup so thats why I recommend it.

• I use the earlier version - Tech 21 Power Engine - monitor out with Cab off - and this works fine for me. Read up on the Output Section parameters, output options (i.e. Master Mono) and linking volumes. There is a lot there that you can trip on if you don't understand and set it up properly. On rare occasions, I have to change my setup so thats why I recommend it.

Yes, Cab Off is recommended with the Power Engine because it drives a Celestion 70/80 which is a guitar speaker.

I couldn't find what speaker is in the Deuce, but this one's got a tweeter so Cab most certainly needs to be on with this one.

• Have you compared the Tech21 to any other FRFR cab? Curious to hear about the Tech21.

Rik

Kemper toaster >Kemper remote> 2 x Alto TS310 powered speakers Furman M-8XAR

That's really interesting! I tried cab OFF on the Deuce Deluxe and I quickly turned it back on lol. My description of what it sounded like was a sterile guitar plugged straight into the PA. With cab back ON, it sounded like a normal guitar cab. I have posted more on TGP, just as FYI

• Have you compared the Tech21 to any other FRFR cab? Curious to hear about the Tech21.

Other than my computer desktop monitors, no. On TGP, there are a few of us giving our reviews/opinions on the Deuce Deluxe... feel free to drop by and read our posts. The Deuce Deluxe is very very good and sounds/feels like a guitar cab. It's $450 from sweetwater and they have a good return policy if you don't like it.... try it out.

• Wonder how a tech 21 with the new FRFR Celestion would sound?

It would be interesting to hear. Considering that almost no reviews are out for the new Celestion speaker, I will wait to see what others say. It's weird... people keep praising the new Celestion speaker but since only a handful were made nobody has tried it lol. All in all, the Deuce Deluxe is excellent and sounds and feels great.