Confused about M Britt Profiles

• This is probably an very dumb question.

My Kemper came with a lot of M Britt profiles and I really like those tones.

The only thing I have bought so far is a TopJimi EVH pack which is pretty cool.

I am assuming that M Britt profiles I can buy on his sight are indeed different than the ones I got with my Kemper.

I bought my Kemper from a physical store (not online) and am assuming they didn't add any paid profiles.

I am wanting to buy some Plexi profiles and am looking at TopJimi and MB.

Anything worth doing is worth overdoing because moderation is for cowards.

• Hi and welcome to the forum :)

Kemper has done various ‘rig packs’ over the years and some have been from commercial vendors. One of those a year or so back was from M Britt.

I’ll have to leave it to others on here to comment as to whether there’s any of the ‘official Kemper’ Profiles he did for Kemper themselves that are duplicated in his packs. I think not but I’m not 100%

If you go to his site, there are some freebies there to try too and, if the folks here cannot clear up your question, he’ll certainly answer you if you shoot him an email at his site or PM him here.....

Also worth getting the freebies on Tonejunkie and Selah Sounds if you like the M Britt profiles - IMO they’re all excellent and all worth supporting :). There are other excellent profiles out there too, both free and otherwise and I’m sure some of the other guys will comment.

• In the case of rig packs, they are chosen from commercial packs already offered by each vendor (if they are a vendor). MBritt, Top Jimi, Choptones, Guido, Lars, Amp Factory are just a few hand-picked profiles from their packs and usually renamed.

• Thanks for the replies. My bad for posting in the incorrect forum. I appreciate those that took the time to respond.

I am going to buy some MB and Top Jimi profiles tonight. It is unbelievably cool getting new profiles. I have owned several great tube amps and it is almost as exciting checking them out.

• DonPetersen , at what point does this guy’s continued condescending posts warrant a ban?

Who? I hope you're not referring to me as there was nothing condescending in my post. The OP wanted to know if the profiles on MBritt and Top Jimi's sites are different than on the Kemper. I only added that the profiles from rig packs are chosen from those packs.

• Who? I hope you're not referring to me as there was nothing condescending in my post. The OP wanted to know if the profiles on MBritt and Top Jimi's sites are different than on the Kemper. I only added that the profiles from rig packs are chosen from those packs.

Nope... the offenders post was removed, not you at all.:)

• Mr. Britt does visit from time to time. I would suggest finding his thread in the Commercial Section and posting your comment there might be the best way to get your questions answered.

For the OP, here is MBritt's thread. You can also send him a DM or tag lonestargtr within a thread with a question if need be. He's typically very communicative.

Top Jimi is Jimi71, though each pack has different threads in the commercial section.

• I'm attaching a .pdf cross reference guide for the Free Rig Pack. The Free Michael Britt Kemper Rig Pack contains 50 rigs that are found in many of my commercial packs. This Rig Pack is also included in new Kemper sales I believe, so it may be on new machines. There was an earlier smaller merged rig pack that was stock on new Kempers as well. Those merged rigs are not found in any of my commercial packs. If you found rigs on your Kemper, you should be able to see if they are part of the Free Rig Pack using this cross reference guide. It also tells you which profile packs the rigs were pulled from. Hope this helps. I'll follow this thread, too, in case you have any other questions.

thanks!

• I'm attaching a .pdf cross reference guide for the Free Rig Pack. The Free Michael Britt Kemper Rig Pack contains 50 rigs that are found in many of my commercial packs. This Rig Pack is also included in new Kemper sales I believe, so it may be on new machines. There was an earlier smaller merged rig pack that was stock on new Kempers as well. Those merged rigs are not found in any of my commercial packs. If you found rigs on your Kemper, you should be able to see if they are part of the Free Rig Pack using this cross reference guide. It also tells you which profile packs the rigs were pulled from. Hope this helps. I'll follow this thread, too, in case you have any other questions.

thanks!

Thanks! I bought the '69 Marsh Pack and have been really happy with it.

What set do you recommend for Eric Johnson style cleans? That is next on my list to buy and get dialed in.

Thanks again for responding and making these awesome profiles.