Preamp + IR vs kemper and new reverbs alternative

• I sold my kemper, bought a victory kraken.

So much better. Even the victory send loop out + an IR (kraken master to zero) any knobs position and sounds way better than any of my +3000 rigs I had. I have my inspiration back.

But i really miss the new reverbs and the vibrato and morphing. I tried helix native reverbs for 2 hours and they fade out with some kind of artificial decay. I dont know how to replace reverbs(i am into looong reverbs lately), any not so expensive idea?

• You mentioned a plugin, Voider, so...

If you have the Slate Everything Bundle, you'll be eligible as of yesterday to download and run Lustrous Plates. You seem to be sensitive to "artificial-sounding" tails, and from everything I've read, this is precisely the area where the devs have put in the most work and pushed boundaries. If you like plates, this plugin should deliver a shedload of brilliant-sounding ones.

Also in the bundle is VerbSuite Classics. The included IR-based sets mimicking the likes of Bricasti, Lexicon and so on should in theory blow Helix Native's offerings to smithereens.

You mentioned that you like long tails. If it's "interesting" ones you're after, Eventide's Blackhole should satisfy you.

The Everything Bundle's around $15 a month (includes Lustrous Plates and VerbSuite Classics), and Blackhole can be had for very little on cross grade or sale, but you may have to wait for the opportunity to arise. Full retail is $199 US.

• I have been using plugins only for testing the algorithms of helix, sometimes I record demos but not for main use. I tried black hole plugin months ago and i think i liked much more the reverb of scufham s-gear.

What i mean..for a long tail +5s decay..+10 seconds...if you record and play only the tail after 5 seconds..you can hear and feel space its music by itself. This beautiful tail and sensation only happened to me with kemper new reverbs, scuffham sgear, and a few plugins (i dont have expensive hardware) with regular reverbs like new helix reverbs the tail after some seconds sound like a loop, without space feeling, even wobbling without any modulation.

But i need this in hardware, playing live...

It's not a cheap answer, but I swear (a lot) by my Strymon 'Big Sky'. :)

I was thinking something more reasonable in price and size like the neunaber inmerse mk1 maybe..i am just begining my reverb research.

• You mentioned that you like long tails. If it's "interesting" ones you're after, Eventide's Blackhole should satisfy you.

Retesting cracked plugin now..a little bit on the fx side but very high quality..thank you

I have some cracked plugins because i only use it to test some minutes..if i like it maybe i will buy some hardware of the brand.

• I sold my kemper, bought a victory kraken.

So much better. Even the victory send loop out + an IR (kraken master to zero) any knobs position and sounds way better than any of my +3000 rigs I had. I have my inspiration back.

But i really miss the new reverbs and the vibrato and morphing. I tried helix native reverbs for 2 hours and they fade out with some kind of artificial decay. I dont know how to replace reverbs(i am into looong reverbs lately), any not so expensive idea?

I have an Axe-Fx III and Kemper, though I also use plugins like Altiverb and Lexicon PCM, but I have to say some of my favorite reverb plugins are made by Valhalla DSP. I can tell you that Shimmer, VintageVerb and ValhallaPlate sound extremely natural to my ears and are on par with the aforementioned hardware and software, and the price per plugin is less than 1/8th of what you'd pay for a Big Sky, Altiverb or Lexicon PCM. They offer a demo for all of their plugins, so I heartily recommend checking them out if you get a chance.

• I have some cracked plugins because i only use it to test some minutes..if i like it maybe i will buy some hardware of the brand.

Bullshit. That's what demo versions are for.

We do not tolerate talk about cracks on this platform. We are a part of the music industry and so are the manufacturers of those plug-ins. We value their hard work and many are personal friends. Since you've apparently sold your Profiler anyway, you're banned now.

GS

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• Well, I do wonder, why people come on here to mention, "They have sold their Kemper" etc. Surely that's the end of their story, and is there any benefit to us hearing of their supposed 'unhappiness' with said product?

Call me sceptical, but I am more likely to blame 'operator error' than product issue.

And 'no', I am not a sycophantic Kemper-ite, I just extol the virtues of a very excellent product!