Behringer FBC1010 with uno4kemper expression pedal

• Hi,

I know this is quite an old way of doing things but i have a FCB1010 with uno4kemper chip installed. All working great.

I'd like to know if its possible to configure the first expression pedal on the FCB to control the amount of delay and reverb with the morphing feature, and if this can only be set per rig. I have the second pedal set to be volume.

Thanks for any help

• You need to check out the Uno4Kemper manual on the web. The pedal functions can be assigned globally within the FCB 1010 with Uno4Kemper. You want one pedal to control Morphing via MIDI Control Change #11.

The continuous parameters to be morphed need to be assigned by Rig except if you lock the modules with the delay and reverb effects and their parameters set up for Morphing.

• You need to set the parameters to be morphed Rig by Rig

OR

you lock the effect modules including their Morphing.

Having a pedal, which controls Delay Mix from 0-100% and Reverb Mix from 0-100% simultaneously - which means if Delay Mix is at 39%, Reverb Mix also has to be at 39% - regardless of which delay effect type and which reverb effect type are included in a Rig, what all their parameter settings are and how DLY&REV Routing is set in Rig Settings, doesn't appear meaningful to me.

However, if you lock the delay and reverb effects, their type and settings are fixed and that does include the Morphing of Mix in defined ranges and directions as well as all other parameters. In this case you can make sure, that the pedal ranges and directions of Mix and other parameters really fit together and produce a meaningful sound travel combination.

• doesn't appear meaningful to me.

I understand that Burkhard. But myself and many others would really like the ability to have independent access to Delay and/or Reverb mix on a global basis. For me (I can't speak directly for others) having assess to this functionality in a rig with Delay or Reverb engaged would be WAY more useful than having the ability to use Wah to Volume (I don't use a volume pedal), Wah to Pitch (I almost never use a pith pedal), Morph to ........ as things stand at the moment.

This is really one of VERY few things that frustrates me with the KPA. It is an absolutely phenomenal piece of kit. Morphing is a work of genius as I have said many times before. However, not being able to access such an important real time function on a global basis is a major shortfall for many people's workflow.

However, if you lock the delay and reverb effects, their type and settings are fixed and that does include the Morphing of Mix in defined ranges and directions as well as all other parameters. In this case you can make sure, that the pedal ranges and directions of Mix and other parameters really fit together and produce a meaningful sound travel combination.

I have actually been trying that recently but the results haven't been as I expected and have been unusable to date. It also ties up the morphing feature and stops me being able to use it for other things which I might want on a Rig by Rig basis.

• You need to explain me, how a pedal, which is globally assigned to both Delay Mix plus Reverb Mix simultaneously, practically works while delay and reverb effect types and their settings vary by Rig.

By the way I don't see any evidence, that this is the topic of this thread.

• Sorry Burkhard. I have just reread the initial post. I didn't see the words "morphing feature" and though the request was to use the expression pedal with specific midi commands. My aplogies.

As for my own point. In practice I would typical only want to control one or other of them as I tend not to have both on at the same time. Therefore, working in the same way as Wah>Voume etc where the pedal could cover only a specific parameter IF that effect was active would be a totally logical addition and far more useful than any of the other Wah> X or Morph > X features. But I'll let that lie just now as I didn't actually mean to hijack a completely unrelated thread.