Expression pedal setup

• Hello,

Kemper newbie here trying to set up a mission expression pedal. I have the pedal connected with a trs cable to pedal #5, which I confirmed is a type 1 pedal set to wah. I have stomp A set for wah wah. I turned the pedal to "on", however the display says "Pedal On (touch)" and the pedal does not have the effect. All pedal settings (heel, toe, etc.) have the "(touch)" displayed in parentheses. The "touch" just comes through the guitar, right? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Snowman

• Yes. You need to set the Pedal Mode in the Wah effect itself as On and save this. Then set the toe switch to turn on/off the slot that the wah is in. Mine is usually slot B. Now the pedal is always ON in the background but the effect is only active when you actually turn it on with the toe switch.

Another thing you might want to check is the Pedal Type. I already had a Mission EP1 RJM which is started using with the Kemper. The manual says it should be Type 1 but the taper of the pedal was unusable. I changed it to Type 2 and it works perfectly. O don’t know if the arajM version is different but definitely try it both ways and see which works best for you.

• Alan,

Thanks for your quick response!

I'm not sure how I did it, but now with the pedal mode on, the display says "Pedal Mode On (On)". The toe switch seems to turn on and off the wah stomp (in A) just fine. But still no effect when moving the pedal. I tried all modes of heel off, toe off, etc. and also tried pedal type 2 in the pedal slot with no luck. The pedal works fine as a volume pedal, so I'm pretty sure the pedal and all cables are working fine.

If you have any other ideas, I'd love to hear them. and I'm not sure what the arajM setting is.

Thank you!!

Snowman

• To use the mission pedal to activate the effect and then use it, you need 2 cables. It’s explained here

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

A brace of Suhrs, a Charvel, a toaster, an Apollo twin, a Mac, and a DXR10

• You only need mode to be On when using the toe switch. No need for bypass at stop etc.

In the Wah is toggling on/off properly with the toe switch you should be hearing wah when playing. I would check your settings for Wah>Volume, Wah> Pitch etc in case something is overriding the Wah.

Next check the pedal range in the Wah effect itself. If the range is set to zero then even full pedal travel will have no effect.