Permanent CAB OFF in Browser

• I have a specific question, can anyone help?

I only use my Powered Kemper one way - a speaker cable going from the "speaker output" into a 2x12 guitar cab. I don't record with it or go FOH.

I've set up all of my performances using DIRECT profiles and have the CAB button on the front of the Kemper turned off for all of them, as I'm using a real cab. It sounds brilliant.

However when I'm looking for new profiles that I might like in the Browser mode they all have the CAB button ON. So I have to remember to switch it off every time, which is a real pain if I'm trying out lots of them. Is there any way to use LOCK or something to turn the CAB button OFF for ALL profiles in Browser mode?

(I don't think it's "Monitor Cab Off" as the manual says that affects the monitor outputs and main outputs but doesn't mention the speaker output, which is the one I'm using. Also it doesn't turn off the CAB light on the front and, of course, that's what really counts!)

Thanks!

• Thanks. I thought that might be the case, but there's still something strange. Even with "Monitor Cab Off" the CAB button on the front of the Kemper is still lit and when I press it, so it's now unlit, I swear the sound changes.

If Monitor Cab Off really disables the cabinet from the speaker output then surely the CAB button being on or off shouldn't have any effect on the sound at all? Maybe I'm just going crazy...

• Thanks. I thought that might be the case, but there's still something strange. Even with "Monitor Cab Off" the CAB button on the front of the Kemper is still lit and when I press it, so it's now unlit, I swear the sound changes.

If Monitor Cab Off really disables the cabinet from the speaker output then surely the CAB button being on or off shouldn't have any effect on the sound at all? Maybe I'm just going crazy...

Hm this rings a bell. There used to be a bug that could cause this behavior. Not sure if it was fixed. Do you see this with all profiles or just studio profiles?

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM