Blind Test: Axe-Fx III vs. Kemper Profile

• I say #2 is the Kemper because of the way the sounds sustain.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

Edited once, last by musicmad ().

• For me, it doesn‘t matter which is what.

Comparing Kemper, Axe and Helix is something I thought about during the first two month when I had my new Kemper.

Meanwhile, after years of use, I know that the Kemper is an excellent sounding gear.

For live shows and recording.

That‘s all I have to know.

Edited once, last by music ().

• Are they both a PODhd500? 8o:D:evil::saint:

lol ..funny enough I thought the same thing..^^ ;)

For me, it doesn‘t matter which is what.

Comparing Kemper, Axe and Helix is something I thought about during the first two month when I had my new Kemper.

Meanwhile, after years of use, I know that the Kemper is an excellent sounding gear.

For live shows and recording.

That‘s all I have to know.

I also believe that these kind of shootouts are a little bit "late" by now..to many pros are using the Kemper,It has become a standard in most serious recording studios and the studios who don't have one are on the verge of getting it..anyway..

Edit

PS

The profiles of the axe3 in the RE are sounding aweful.All of them..

• Nobody is discussing “better or worse”, and if the blind test bores you, you’re free not to participate in the thread.

There is a comparison of gears and consequently there is a dialogue about „better or worse“, of course.

These discussions we had in this forum again and again.

There can only be one result in such discussions:

The Kemper is the best gear of all besides tube amps!

;)

• There is a comparison of gears and consequently there is a dialogue about „better or worse“, of course.

These discussions we had in this forum again and again.

There can only be one result in such discussions:

The Kemper is the best gear of all besides tube amps!

;)

People will always compare and discuss, so griping about it won’t make it go away, just waste your time and energy instead. You can turn off the notifications for the thread if you’re afraid your preconceptions might not be affirmed.

• I like more laughing at unnecessarily discussing people!

;)

Usually things people find funny they don't call boring and get unnecessarily defensive about, but we are all different, I suppose.

My only polite suggestion is if you don't like the topic, ignore it. Otherwise you divert to actual topic, like you have, away from what others are genuinely interested in. I assume you don't walk up to people in day to day life having a group conversation about something they are all interested in and telling them how you don't think the conversation is worthwhile and it's boring you even though you invited yourself into it. When they ask why you bothered to join the conversation at all instead of just walking past, you tell them it's funny. :wacko: They'd naturally be no less confused.

You can uncheck the "follow thread" button up top if you're not as genuinely interested as the others here. Or you can pretend you think it's funny even though it clearly annoys you and divert the thread even more while accomplishing nothing constructive. Or... you could hazard a guess like the rest of us. Let's be adults.

• Improvement is good.

But just comparing the Axe to the Kemper is not an improvement.

Well if someone can distinguish KPA every time in blind tests, regardless of whether this comparison will be with a real amplifier or AXE, it means some undesirable, in my opinion, feature.

That would mean that KPA has its own sound that characterizes profiles. Why is it undesirable? Because the perfect copy machine can not have its own character.

• Improvement is good.

But just comparing the Axe to the Kemper is not an improvement.

Why not? 2 very similar, competing devices for basically the same demographic. It's not a comprehensive tell-all, but it is nonetheless useful.

You said earlier that you had been interested in Kemper/Axe-FX/Helix comparisons early on but you got over it. That's fine, but all 3 devices offer advancements and improvements. It's always something worth revisiting for those who still may be interested in the lightspeed that digital emulation is improving. If you're content without that, great, but this isn't the thread for you if so.

• No , such a discussion drives development and improvement , if only there is something to improve and is a team that wants to improve and if it is technically possible.

Always..

But my problem is that we have here two rather weird sounding clips(what is this for a weird "ringing"?) and for sure the KPA or the AF3 do not sound this poor.I would not say this if OP would be a newbie.But in this case OP knows that "requirements" are quite high if a "old member" does one more shoot out between these two modelers.I dont say that ColdFrixion does bad profiling or bad tweaking on purpose.I really dont believe this.But for sure we can do better.

• Always..

But my problem is that we have here two rather weird sounding clips(what is this for a weird "ringing"?) and for sure the KPA or the AF3 do not sound this poor.I would not say this if OP would be a newbie.But in this case OP knows that "requirements" are quite high if a "old member" does one more shoot out between these two modelers.I dont say that ColdFrixion does bad profiling or bad tweaking on purpose.I really dont believe this.But for sure we can do better.

Well, that's a matter of taste. I think the point would be that even if the original clip sounded a particular way, good or bad, it's worth considering how close the KPA matched the tone, good or bad. Though, some people like tones that may be harsh or brittle to others. Dimebag Darrell made a living at it.

This tone is certainly not my thing, but it's entirely beside the point.