Problem with 5.7.4.14373

• 349-76b2137ec0f53f11d005fcd717af5005685874e1.jpg Quote from slateboy Regarding the fix of migrating older reverb settings, does this still apply if youve already done the previous/last public release (where the problem was identified) or will it only fix things if moving from an earlier version? (i.e. a version before the new reverbs?)

avatar-default.svg Quote from Burkhard fixed: incorrect parameter migration of reverb effects stored before 5.0
    [/quote]

I got that bit paults

What i meant was for users currently on v5.7.2 their reverbs have now been "migrated" as part of that update and it was reported some users found problems with this migration process.

So, if the "corrupt" reverbs exist after the v5.7.2 update and they update to 5.7.4 they are technically not migrating from an earlier version so, what i am asking is, will the OS recognise they are from an older version or think they are "patched"?

• 349-76b2137ec0f53f11d005fcd717af5005685874e1.jpg Quote from slateboy Regarding the fix of migrating older reverb settings, does this still apply if youve already done the previous/last public release (where the problem was identified) or will it only fix things if moving from an earlier version? (i.e. a version before the new reverbs?)

avatar-default.svg Quote from Burkhard fixed: incorrect parameter migration of reverb effects stored before 5.0
    [/quote]

I got that bit paults

What i meant was for users currently on v5.7.2 their reverbs have now been "migrated" as part of that update and it was reported some users found problems with this migration process.

So, if the "corrupt" reverbs exist after the v5.7.2 update and they update to 5.7.4 they are technically not migrating from an earlier version so, what i am asking is, will the OS recognise they are from an older version or think they are "patched"?

I don‘t want to be impolite, but what is the connection to my problem?

[/quote]

I got that bit paults

if you have not stored the rigs with their wrong settings in 5.7.2 they will be converted back to their correct original values after updating to 5.7.4

• So.

I did a global reset and there was NO success.

So I went back directly to 5.7.2 and everything was fine. No problems at all,

no more red LED at Output.

I can only give the advice to everyone: do not load 5.7.4, this software has some bugs!

• After installing 5.7.4 all rigs were extremly louder than before and the Output LED was permanantly red.

So the Kemper did clipping all the time.

I did not change anything besides the update.

After re-installing 5.7.2 everything was fine again.

So there must be a bug in 5.7.4, and it makes the Kemper useless because of extrem clipping!

• Hi,

...-> 5.7.2 beta -> 5.7.2 release (no issues but did a factory reset here as I wanted start from scratch) -> 5.7.4 beta -> 5.7.4 release - no issues whatsoever. It sounds and works better then before. All updates via RM. I start to think that it’s either a ‘corrupted’ profile in your Kemper during the update (unlikely) or a certain update steps...

Hope you will find a fix mate.

Tom

• If you experience a problem personally, maybe contact support to solve/inquire your particular issue instead of starting a thread with an inflammatory title like this. Plenty of users run this release with no problem.

• I already contacted support and had contact with members of Kemper here in the forum.

None of their advices worked.

It seems that they don't know how to fix it.

The update seems to work for some guys, not for me.

:(

• This is an isolated problem that no one else has reported. Please change the title of your thread to avoid any confusion.

If the reset did not work for you please send a backup of your PROFILER so our support team can investigate why you experience this behaviour.