Blind Test Round #2: Axe-Fx III vs. Kemper

• Which clip is the Axe-Fx III? 31

The result is only visible to the participants.

Here's the 2nd blind test involving two samples: A clean Axe-Fx III preset and a Kemper profile of that same Axe-Fx III preset. Can you tell which clip is the Axe-Fx III?

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Please note that the above disclaimer does not represent the views of SoundCloud or this member of the Kemper forum and is solely the opinion of the Kemper staff.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Please note that the above disclaimer does not represent the views of SoundCloud or this member of the Kemper forum and is solely the opinion of the Kemper staff.

• As the owner of a KPA and an Axe II (not III) I am interested in the results for a number of different reasons:

1. I hope that some of those who claim that the KPA has a “certain sound” across amps and profiles now have a chance to put this to the test. If it does, they will be able to identify the profile. I am not denying that some may hear a similarity so I am hoping to get some sort of personal resolution on this.

2. I couldn’t tell the difference so hoping someone will make and post profiles of the III and save me $2,400! :D

I am voting for 2 as the Axe. It is a total guess.

• Much of the reason I think this profile sounded different is due to the fact I used three distortion pedals in series in the Axe, and I did that because it's the only way I could duplicate the reference tone that the Axe-Fx preset is based on.

• Much of the reason I think this profile sounded different is due to the fact I used three distortion pedals in series in the Axe, and I did that because it's the only way I could duplicate the reference tone that the Axe-Fx preset is based on.

I assume this is about the other thread with gain tone.

The bonanza

• As the owner of a KPA and an Axe II (not III) I am interested in the results for a number of different reasons:

1. I hope that some of those who claim that the KPA has a “certain sound” across amps and profiles now have a chance to put this to the test. If it does, they will be able to identify the profile. I am not denying that some may hear a similarity so I am hoping to get some sort of personal resolution on this.

2. I couldn’t tell the difference so hoping someone will make and post profiles of the III and save me $2,400! :D

I am voting for 2 as the Axe. It is a total guess.

That was proven wrong last round when all those guys got “the kemper sound” wrong!!!