Help: Kemper makes crackling noises

• guizmobro Hello Sir ! I've got the EXACT same sound from my kemper this morning.. How did you manage to get rid of it ? :) (if you did...)

I've tried 4 differents guitars (single coil, humbucker, passive and active pick up)

3 cables

Switched from the main input to the alternative one

Changed the power cable

and tested it without my audio interface ( headphone directly plugged to the kemper)

Is a power conditioner the solution ?

• It's in the line. There're something as an alternator, a fridge or a dimmer of light.

can You inverse plugs without earth as the sound card ou LED light ?

waiting your review with Furman.

• Here's something to consider based on what you wrote, sounds like a similar issue:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• It's in the line. There're something as an alternator, a fridge or a dimmer of light.

can You inverse plugs without earth as the sound card ou LED light ?

waiting your review with Furman.

I wondered why I had noise problems on and off and discovered after trying everything else it was the dimmer light on the first floor.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• I have had the exact same issue at my apartment. I purchased a Furman PL-Plus and it didn't solve the issue for me. It does make me feel more protected against surges and things of that nature. Oddly enough I found that if my hallway light is shut off (next to the music room), then the noise goes away 75% of the time. Unfortunately something in my neighbor's apartment definitely messes with it as well, so I've resorted to my middle pickup a lot of the times. Good luck, I hope the Furman works for you!

• So I just got the Furman and sadly the issue is still there. Seems to be something very similar to your problem kylehoegen

I really don't know what to do anymore. It's clearly not the Kemper as is works fine elsewhere. Also, I have the same issue when I play through my UA Arrow with a plugin. Exactly the same interference sound as with the Kemper.

I tried to switch of all the electrical consumers I can think of, but still the same issue.

It's definitely not the guitar too, as I have the interference simply by putting my finger against the jack which is supposed to go into the guitar.

I'm really at a loss here...

I'm open to any ideas or suggestions.

I'm going to send back the Furman as I don't want to spend 200 bucks for something that doesn't solve anything...