Kemper live setup

• Hy,

I am using my profiler live and i have some questions about the adjustments.

I use 2 XLR cables from the Main Outs which Go direct to the FOH and 1 speaker cable from the monitor output on the back into my Poweramp (Harley Benton GPA 400). And from the GPA 400 i use another speaker cable, which goes into my Orange PPc212.

Can someone please tell me, if this adjustment is good for Live Performances and which are the best settings on the Output and Input section on the Kemper?

I‘m very sorry for my bad english, because i am austrian ;)

Thank you, Cheers M

• Hi and welcome.

The cable from the monitor out to your power amp should be a shielded type, not a speaker cable. You can use a short guitar cable if that's all you have.

Also, set the main out to about -15dB so you don't overload the FOH board and then unlink main out from the main volume. By doing that you can use the main volume control on the KPA to adjust your stage volume without changing the FOH level. Check the manual for how to do this.

Unless you are going stereo to FOH, you only need one XLR. Mono is just fine for most people.

Setting your input sense is a whole other story....best to search the forum for other posts on this.

BTW, your English is very good. I'm an Anglophone who doesn't speak any other language and I'm continually being impressed by the use of English on this forum by people who's first language is not English.

• Hi M, your last post is a bit confusing.

The monitor output is MONO only.

You can get STEREO for your stage monitors by using the monitor output and the direct output as a stereo pair.

The main outputs can both be MONO or set as a STEREO pair. You only need one main output if you are going MONO to FOH.

Look at the output section pages 1 and 2

I can't say better either way..... There are lots of opinions and mine has always been keep it simple and use mono for both stage and FOH. I don't use a lot of stereo effects and the bands I have played in have never had the need....your situation might be different.

There are others on this board that use stereo, perhaps they'll chime in here and give their experience.

Personally I'd go mono for both stage and FOH at least until you've got a better handle on the settings. You might find it does what you need.

• Mono vs Stereo is definitely personal choice. Personally I'm in the mono camp because I think stereo can muddy things up, especially in a2 guitar band playing rock. I might feel differently in a heavy effects laden single guitar band...but that's just my view.

It really depends upon your set up and type of music and type of sound you are going for. Mono will sound tighter and punchier, stereo wider and "spacier" ( massive generalization there of course :) ).

• Thank you so much for your answers.

I‘m the only Electric guitar player in my band and i use lots of delays and reverbs and spacy Things. But i Will Go for Mono. And for Mono i use 2 xlr cables running in the FOH or 1?

• and i use lots of delays and reverbs and spacy Things

For these kind of sounds it can really make sense to go stereo. But if you go mono make sure to turn up the mix parameter within the effects. My experience is that effects are much more audible in stereo and therefore don't need high mix values (and the other way round in mono).

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• For these kind of sounds it can really make sense to go stereo. But if you go mono make sure to turn up the mix parameter within the effects. My experience is that effects are much more audible in stereo and therefore don't need high mix values (and the other way round in mono).

Yes, make sure to audition all of your sounds/profiles in "master mono" output mode. If you are used to practicing and hearing it in stereo and go to a gig and switch it to mono you will be disappointed. You won't hear the effects as loud and in some cases they will sound drastically different.