Need interface suggestions for Kemper using Garage Band

• Hi Guys,

I'm still new here and still going thru some set ups (using Kemper Powered rack mount). Using my MAC and Garage Band any suggestions on a good interface to hook these two together using all this just at home.

Things I'm looking to accomplish:

• Being able to run backing tracks either direct off GB or off a backing track website and play guitar with it. Then obviously being able to record it all on GB.
    • For audio, can I continue to use the headphone jack off the Kemper for my headphones? Then I also have a pair of HS5's that run off the back of the Kemper and would like to be able to use those also when not using headphones.
    • For the guitar plug in, will I still be able to use the Kemper input for guitar or would it need to plug into the interface?

Thanks in advance!

J

• I'm not a MAC user, but:

• Being able to run backing tracks either direct off GB or off a backing track website and play guitar with it. Then obviously being able to record it all on GB.

If you want to record the Kemper in stereo, I think you want an interface with 4 inputs (two for the KPA, and two for Garageband)

• For audio, can I continue to use the headphone jack off the Kemper for my headphones?

Use the headphone jack on the Interface.

• Then I also have a pair of HS5's that run off the back of the Kemper and would like to be able to use those also when not using headphones.

Connect the HS5s to the Interface,

• For the guitar plug in, will I still be able to use the Kemper input for guitar or would it need to plug into the interface?

Plug the guitar into the KPA.