• I'm wondering what some of you guys who use keys backings are using live performances. In my band the drummer plays to an in ear click from the laptop. The laptop also plays just the keyboard orchestrations through the pa it works very well for sound but we've had a few problems lately with the laptop skipping if we play at Very loud venues the sound vibrates the laptop way too much and it skips the audio that's streaming out of cubase. any ideas on how to reduce the vibrations? ive been able to reduce them a little by putting the laptop on top of rags. maybe theres a a better setup you know of that will give all the benefits of using a laptop without needing to use a laptop live?

• Just substitute the harddrive with a solid state flash drive and you'll have no issues at all with vibrations

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Yeah, a ssd should do. I also had to make the same decision once as i always feel a little uneasy about a mac or pc on stage that could freeze or something. I ended up using a standard stereo mp3 Player. Click on the left side for the drummer, playback on the right side for the PA. Playback track in mono is not optimal, but was not so bad as is thought. I was always looking for a simple solution with more than 2 mono track and separated outputs like a digital multitracker but found nothing suitable.