Rig Manager audition auto-play clips?

• I've had this idea floating around my head for a bit and thought I would pose it to the Kemper team and community. I think it'd be useful if the RM came with an auto-play option and a handful of selectable reference clips (Strat lead, LP chord progression, walking bass line, etc) with which to preview rigs. These would be useful for auditioning patches privately and could also serve as a basis for comparison online — i.e., if I post a sample of a patch and it uses one of the de facto reference clips, the differences between guitars is effectively eliminated from the equation.

And not to murky the waters too much, but maybe there could also be an option for users to store their own reference clips for each other their own guitars, rather than having to audition with a guitar in my lap or plug in a looper pedal.

Dev team, you all are amazing. Thanks for all you do.

• I and some others have proposed these ideas several times in the past, dB.

The only "problem" I foresee is that the USB hookup between KPA and 'puter doesn't pass audio. If the team had programmed the FW to allow this, it'd have made the KPA able to act as an audio interface. IOW, if they implement one of these features, you'd think the door would be open to the other.

I say this because your FR makes the most sense, IMHO, if it doesn't require that one route audio from one's interface into the KPA; it'd be a "flow-breaker". Also, the ideal situation would be one where someone armed with a laptop, perhaps for the sole purpose of running RM, could make the simple USB connection and be good-to-go.

Just my "uneducated" HO's, of course...