Soundcloud-solved

• "About Soundcloud's audio quality:

In most cases, Soundcloud uses a bandwidth of only 128 kbps. As a result, what you hear isn't free of artefacts, especially the high end. For critical listening and also product comparison, please keep that in mind. Users who setup a comparison should use linear wave files and supply dropbox links."

Look around the forum. Its after soundcloud links on post.

** This is not my opinion and should not be put on my posts as if I wrote it

• It's probably good policy to start putting up files imo along with tests, at least seems to me. And possibly this was a quick way to let users know about it, downside being forum software not knowing the difference between one "kind" of soundcloud audio vs another (say kemper vs amp vs other cases).

The bonanza

• It's probably good policy to start putting up files imo along with tests, at least seems to me. And possibly this was a quick way to let users know about it, downside being forum software not knowing the difference between one "kind" of soundcloud audio vs another (say kemper vs amp vs other cases).

You thought I wrote it correct? Thats the problem, there should be no confusion as to who wrote it on my posts.

• A year or so back, I changed from Soundcloud to Bandcamp..... I’m under no illiusion that the little tunes I come out with are anything other than the output of a middle aged amateur who walks a tightrope between cheese and inability. However, if I’m spending my time getting the things I do to sound as good as my current ability will allow, I certainly don’t want the audio quality degraded by posting on a site that makes it sound worse...... As Soundcloud seems to be getting increasingly worse and Bandcamp seems pretty good, I thought it was a good choice as the price of either is zero.

I agree that the company should make it clear that the words used are not yours but I can see how they’d be less than happy to have critical evaluation of their product being conducted via a site that changes the nature of the sounds...... I’m just mentioning Bandcamp as an alternative; that way, no words get changed and more to the point, any comparisons you do can’t be accused by any listeners of innacuracy either. Not trying to cause upset here as I agree it’s a bit weird to have words changed - just trying to suggest a positive way forward that actually makes everything you’re posting sound better so potentially ‘win / win’.

• "About Soundcloud's audio quality:

In most cases, Soundcloud uses a bandwidth of only 128 kbps. As a result, what you hear isn't free of artefacts, especially the high end. For critical listening and also product comparison, please keep that in mind. Users who setup a comparison should use linear wave files and supply dropbox links."

This bold statement is an uneducated quick reaction, executed in a less than optimal way.

Please note that uploaders on Soundcloud can allow their listeners to download the original audio files that had been uploaded (which certainly is a good idea to allow for critical comparison situations).

• You thought I wrote it correct? Thats the problem, there should be no confusion as to who wrote it on my posts.

Yea, the tone was weird -- like something a mod wrote, but still not clear enough for me to realize it was some mod edit. So I assumed it was you "warning" people about soudcloud or something, considering discussion in the other blind test thread. Surely it could have been made clearer what this edit was, at least to my perception of things.

The bonanza

• Yea, the tone was weird -- like something a mod wrote, but still not clear enough for me to realize it was some mod edit. So I assumed it was you "warning" people about soudcloud or something, considering discussion in the other blind test thread. Surely it could have been made clearer what this edit was, at least to my perception of things.

If my tone sounds odd / weird or like complete dog shit. Thats on me and not soundcloud. I will never get better making excuses. This is why it bothers me, as I would not post a disclaimer like this.

• If my tone sounds odd / weird or like complete dog shit. Thats on me and not soundcloud. I will never get better making excuses. This is why it bothers me, as I would not post a disclaimer like this.

Was referring to the "tone" of the edited text (in case not clear). Audio sounded pretty good. And yes surely soundcloud wouldn't have changed guitar tone as much anyway.

The bonanza

• Please note that uploaders on Soundcloud can allow their listeners to download the original audio files that had been uploaded (which certainly is a good idea to allow for critical comparison situations).

That's what I've always done.

I noticed the the "moderator notice" too. To be honest I am still surprised this thread hasn't been met with now customary moved Drama Zone response though ;)

I'll show myself out............