Reverse Morph - Possible or Not?

• I'm an FCB1010 U4K user and when I swich profiles my morph expression pedal is usually in the closed position (MIDI val 127). As this is the value corresponding to the morphed state of the rig, the pedal must be rocked open (MIDI val 0) before it can be closed again to switch to the morphed state for the rig.

Is there any way that the morph expression pedal values can be reversed within the Profiler so that the closed pedal state represents the base sound and the open pedal represents the morphed sound? If not, this might be a useful feature request. The reason I ask is that I usually back off the gain in the morphed state and use the "genuine" amp sound for the higher gain base state of the preset. It would make more sense (to me at least) to have the lower gain sound on the open pedal position and then to close the pedal to the more gainy sound.

• The base sound is always associated with the heel position of the pedal and the morph sound is always associated with the toe position of the pedal. Having that said you can morph parameters in both directions. Gain could be higher at heel and lower at toe position.

Electro Harmonix offers an expression pedal which allows to reverse its pedal range. That way toe becomes heel and vice versa. That might be a solution for you.

• Thanks for the suggestion. Not really looking to buy more gear if I can avoid it. I did think about swapping the morph and base states but the problem with this is that if I change to another patch during a performance and then switch back to this rig, it will default to the base state only and not the morphed state which I would be using more frequently.

• Each Rig is loaded with its Base Sound. I don't really understand, why you set up your intended starting sound as Morph Sound!? Why can't you set it up as Base Sound? Your Base Sound is your starting sound. You are free to increase or decrease Gain and other continuous parameters from there.

• It would be nice feature request for KPA FW or RM Editor to have option to swap Morph-Base states in given Rig. This would require simple swapping 2 blocks of rig data.

Yes, we have this on our list of future enhancements. But this is just a matter of convenience. You can achieve the same result today by manually dialing in the base and morph values of parameters to be morphed. This doesn't make the toe position of your pedal the starting point. Base Sound is always the starting point and at heel.

• @Steve Try keep in mind that you can also define Exp.Pedal min and max values with Uno4Kemper

6. EXPRESSION A / B Each patch can define which Controller number is used for expression pedal A, and for expression pedal B. Also the range of the Controller value can be set (minimum and maximum value, sent when the pedal is moved from fully up to fully down)

EDIT: It was taken from wrong manual by mistake.

• I don't think your quote is from the Uno4Kemper manual. With the standard Behringer FCB1010 or standard UnO chip that might be possible, but not with Uno4Kemper.

With Uno4Kemper you can select the pedal assignments and response curves globally. Uno4Kemper gives up this whole patch memorizing logic, because 625 Slots in Performance Mode exceed the 100 patches the Behringer can deal with.