MIDI Expression Pedal Reverse Range

• I'm an FCB1010 U4K user and when I swich profiles my morph expression pedal is usually in the closed position (MIDI val 127). As this is the value corresponding to the morphed state of the rig, the pedal must be rocked open (MIDI val 0) before it can be closed again to switch to the morphed state for the rig.

It would be really useful if the expression pedal values could be reversed within the Profiler so that the closed pedal state represents the base sound and the open pedal represents the morphed/alternate sound. If this isn't practical, an alternative would be the ability to store information within a rig stating if the rig should be in morphed or base state when switching to it from another rig. This would allow for swapping base and morphed states within a rig to achieve the same result.

• If the pedal range of the Morph Pedal could be reversed, how would this work with "MorphPedal to Pitch" and "MorphPedal to Wah"? Should these also work in reverse mode?

And if you could set this by Rig, what are the implications for "MorphPedal to Wah" and "MorphPedal to Pitch" then? How do you manage to remember, in which case Morphing works upwards and downwards? Is it meaningful to share such a preference with other users via Rig Exchange, which might not even use a Morph Pedal?

I think, this would be adding significant complexity and cause for confusion. Why can't you get used to the Base Sound being always the starting point at heel?

• If the pedal range of the Morph Pedal could be reversed, how would this work with "MorphPedal to Pitch" and "MorphPedal to Wah"? Should these also work in reverse mode?

And if you could set this by Rig, what are the implications for "MorphPedal to Wah" and "MorphPedal to Pitch" then? How do you manage to remember, in which case Morphing works upwards and downwards? Is it meaningful to share such a preference with other users via Rig Exchange, which might not even use a Morph Pedal?

I think, this would be adding significant complexity and cause for confusion. Why can't you get used to the Base Sound being always the starting point at heel?

Point taken. I can get used to it. It was only a suggestion.

burkard has a valid point and theres a lot to be said for simplicity.

I get what Steve Try is getting at, the assumption that pedal-forward = increase in value makes sense, whether that be wah-freq, pedal pitch (whammy) or whatever. “Dive bomb” (or vinyl stop) conflicts this approach yet the kpa evolves to give the user every scenario they demand so, be it on the users head, if they wish to be “adding significant complexity and cause for confusion“. As it is, any of us with the current os can add complexity and cause for confusion for the user or a guest as it is. I can only remember what each button does through habbit and would have to explain to a new user my approach, which suits me but ma6 conflict their logic. How many of us like the next-persons PC desktop and shortcuts? I digress...

As said, I still like to mantain simplicity, and therefore avoid those downward rabbit holes but i do enjoy setting things my way , which is why i own the kemper.