1.07 Beta disables S/PDIF?

• Hello,

This morning I loaded 1.07 on my KPA. Upon reboot I had no output via S/PDIF. I rebooted, and during the reboot I had output via S/PDIF but as soon as the KPA was fully booted and loaded the rig, the S/PDIF cuts out. I tried again, same behavior. Then I down flashed to 1.06 Stable, and S/PDIF works correctly. I reflashed to 1.07 and S/PDIF cuts out again.

Does anyone else see different behavior with 1.07 PB?

Cheers,
    Mike

• Strange... no.
    I use the KPA via S/PDif out exclusively and it works fine with me.

I had many audio pops short after updating and wondered about this. Then I rebooted my PC and they were gone.
    S/PDif works with me...

• SPDIF works here but I can't remember if master had an effect on it.. did it ? I think not but I don't remember as I didn't hardly touched it because it would jump all the time

• SPDIF works here but I can't remember if master had an effect on it.. did it ?

Do you mean Master volume? Yes, it actually has a big effect on the SP/Dif out of the KPA. You pretty much need to put the MV on max to get a healthy signal out of the digital out...

• Do you mean Master volume? Yes, it actually has a big effect on the SP/Dif out of the KPA. You pretty much need to put the MV on max to get a healthy signal out of the digital out...

I was not 100% sure but I thought I did adjust it while on 1.06..it doesn't work on 1.07 for me...it's always like on full...I will try another reboot

• Exactly same issue here.
    S/PDIF works while rebooting and stops when reboot is finished and KPA is on.

• I was not 100% sure but I thought I did adjust it while on 1.06..it doesn't work on 1.07 for me...it's always like on full...I will try another reboot

Sorry, just to clarify. SPDif out worked on 1.0.6 for you and now on 1.0.7 it doesn't work any longer for you as well?
    Same setup as before, same settings, just the new firmware?

• Sorry, just to clarify. SPDif out worked on 1.0.6 for you and now on 1.0.7 it doesn't work any longer for you as well?
    Same setup as before, same settings, just the new firmware?

Just the firmware update, Schneidas. Nothing different, no rigs, no changed settings, e.t.c

• Just the firmware update, Schneidas. Nothing different, no rigs, no changed settings, e.t.c

Yeah, I got you, Stelio (hey, you are Greek! :) ). I was referring to Bruno as I was confused, as it seemed to me that he said his digital out worked with 1.0.7. and then in his second post he said it didn't work.

• Guys ..just to be clear :
    S/PDIF works for me right now (FW 1.07) BUT I do not have any control on the volume like I had with 1.06..it's always on full..I verified that the master works on analog outs and it does..
    I guess we have two different problems here..

S/PDIF works for me right now (FW 1.07) BUT I do not have any control on the volume like I had with 1.06..it's always on full..I verified that the master works on analog outs and it does..

Ok sorry, I misunderstood your post back there. Got it now! :)

I raised my s/pdif issue with support, Bruno. Maybe you could do the same, if not already.