1.07 Beta disables S/PDIF?

• I've gone back and forth between 1.06 Stable and 1.07 PB several times now and each time 1.07 PB S/PDIF stops working upon load of the first profile after boot. Each time I go back to 1.06 Stable S/PDIF works as expected. I also use S/PDIF exclusively so I'm blocked on 1.07 PB in its current version.

Cheers,
    Mike

• I've gone back and forth between 1.06 Stable and 1.07 PB several times now and each time 1.07 PB S/PDIF stops working upon load of the first profile after boot. Each time I go back to 1.06 Stable S/PDIF works as expected. I also use S/PDIF exclusively so I'm blocked on 1.07 PB in its current version.

Cheers,
    Mike

I know exactly how that feels. I bought a new audio interface last Friday, just because the s/pdif was not working properly in my previous one (a motu). I only enjoyed playing through it during the weekend...

But I have to admit that analogue output sounds great anyway and I think that the latency is a bit better now (I believe some other friend has mentioned that already).

• While on the subject of spdif can it be a clock slave? I haven't gotten around to using spdif yet but will shortly and I thought I read someone say it can only be the master. Is this true? That would rule using spdif out in my setup.

• While on the subject of spdif can it be a clock slave? I haven't gotten around to using spdif yet but will shortly and I thought I read someone say it can only be the master. Is this true? That would rule using spdif out in my setup.

Yep, only master for the KPA

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• With FW1.0.7PB, I have the same problem here in Cupertino, CA.

Sound is heard only until it completes rebooting. No sound thereafter... Ouch.

I will have to contact Customer support as well.

Jake

• Well that totally sucks. I am hoping they plan to change that with a update cuz that is severely limiting.

thanks

AFAIK is the same with all modelers as well, including Axe & co....

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• I have received a response back from support today, but I cannot try what is suggested, not until I get back home from work.
    I'll update the forum with the results (succesful or not), but it won't be earlier than 21:00pm UK.

• Another user reported that he's got the same problem as I do..S/PDIF works but no volume control

Yes, I just tried it and can confirm this. Master volume is always on full with S/PDif out with FW 1.0.7.
    Changing the master has no effect right now on the digital out.

• Changing the master has no effect right now on the digital out.

Is this an issue at all? You can adjust levels from Interface/Daw. Anyway the master was useless for the spdif: needed to be maxed the all time...

• Exactly same issue here.
    S/PDIF works while rebooting and stops when reboot is finished and KPA is on.

Ditto - Exactly the same here.

Works fine while booting then stops when KPA is booted up. :(

• No output from S/PDIF - Problem solved

As I replied back to Burkhard from KPA support (thanks a lot, mate!):
    "The suggestion to "Push and hold two buttons - AMPLIFIER and CABINET - while you switch on the device and directly move the chickenhead knob into PROFILER position" etc, worked and I now have the s/pdif working just fine!
    One thing that you may need to know, for other users, is that since everything was initialized I did a restore from my latest backup (yesterday before I upgraded to 1.07) and I lost s/pdif output again. So I did the above process again and then I re-loaded the rigs and cabs (not by a previous backup, but by the standerd process by putting them in the Shared folder)"

• No output from S/PDIF - Problem solved

As I replied back to Burkhard from KPA support (thanks a lot, mate!):
    "The suggestion to "Push and hold two buttons - AMPLIFIER and CABINET - while you switch on the device and directly move the chickenhead knob into PROFILER position"

please note that this will reset, ERASE in other words, your MIDI program change assignments as well. if you feel that you need to perform this task, you might want to make a backup first.
    hth, gs

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• [quote='Stemast',index.php?page=Thread&postID=28726#post28726]No output from S/PDIF - Problem solved

please note that this will reset, ERASE in other words, your MIDI program change assignments as well. if you feel that you need to perform this task, you might want to make a backup first.
    hth, gs

You are absolutely right, G String. Thanks for the clarification.

• I'm getting the Master locked, though sound is coming trhough. The issue I'm suffering since the update is crackle on the SPDIF. The interface is slaved to the Kemper clock, but it's prety bad see here with a patch with everything disabled (no stomps, stack or effects) : http://www.peranders.com/general/kemper_crackle.aif

At first it's crackling then it phases out, seems to happen every 20 seconds or so, which is super annoying, in the previous firmware you got crackle once you changed a patch, but it went away after a couple of seconds, this one just keeps on coming and going as you play (in a regular fashion) :(