Youtube vid - 3 easy ways to make kemper sound amazing

• Not tried this yet but the vid definitely makes a big difference. On high gain anyway.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Oh and this one (amp in the room experience).....don’t shoot the messenger as I still go through a victory 2x12 cab not an FRFR, I just though it’s an interesting point of view.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Challenges to his point of view...food for thought. Amp in the room? I’ll leave that for you to decide ;).

• Vids wouldn't load. Anyway, 'Kemper - 3 ways to make it sound Amazing!'

1. Play through some decent gear in front of it.

2. Listen through some good gear out the back of it.

3. Load a high quality profile inside of it.

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." - Douglas Adams

• Thank you for sharing, Dave.

I wonder why the the heck Pure Cab was originally set to 5.0 anyway? It would've been a fairer, more-useful comparison had he switched it off for both the before and after components of the test, IMHO.

IOW, how can we hear what his Clarity and Direct Mix settings are actually doing when the PC setting of 5's being reduced to zero in and of itself radically changes the tone?

A cynic might suggest that the parameter was used to sell the efficacy of the other two tweaks. :/

• Vids wouldn't load. Anyway, 'Kemper - 3 ways to make it sound Amazing!'

1. Play through some decent gear in front of it.

2. Listen through some good gear out the back of it.

3. Load a high quality profile inside of it.

Not sure what the issue is on the vids. They appear to be working for me at the moment.

Good list of 3..:thumbup:

• Good points Nicky as always.

Personally I’m not as concerned with amp in the room, but I know a lot are. Just came across the vids and thought I’d share. I like the sound of kemper live FOH, in the mix and it’s versatility etc. so it works damn fine for me.

• Ok- never, never would have considered tip # 3 from video 1. I feel like I've tried almost every other parameter in the Kemper, but adding direct mix? Doesn't seem to make sense. For clean guitars maybe, for bass guitar for sure, but not for high gain guitars. After trying it, you can definitely hear the difference. If it's really low between 1 and 2 seems to work, and the notes are a little clearer.

Not sure if I like it..... Seems so counter-intuitive for high gain profiles.

Anyone tried this for high gain?

• I also wonder whether Pure Cab was actually off in the second version anyway. Turning it to 0 doesn't necessarily turn it off. If I understand the manual correctly the Rig will use the higher PC number. Therefore, if PC is set to 3 in the Output Settings and 5 in the Rig you will get 5. However, unless you turn it off completely or reduce it to 0 in the Output Menu then turning it to 0 in the Rig will still give you a PC setting of 3.

I've watched a few of his videos in the past. Including the one where he basically said don't use studio monitors and plastic FRFR are all crap. However, I usually find that I prefer the original sounds to his "improved" versions. The tweaked version in that demo might sound epic on it's own but I sounds to me (currently just listening on my iMac internal speakers though) as if there is a muddy bottom end that will just clutter up a mix when you put it with other instruments.

• I also wonder whether Pure Cab was actually off in the second version anyway. Turning it to 0 doesn't necessarily turn it off.

Indeed, there's still a slight effect at a setting of zero, Alan. Still, the difference between a setting of 5, which is heavy-handed by most here's standards (judging by Kemperites' posts on this it seems like settings between 2.2 and 3.2 are most-popular), is huge, so a tiny tweak from zero to off wouldn't have amounted to much in the grand scheme of the tweaks he made.

I believe he did turn it "off", which IMHO would account for the huge change in tone; the other tweaks he made were incremental and comparatively-insignificant.

• Just finished the 3rd video. It looks like he is completely oblivious to the fact that there is a Monitor Out Eq specifically for the purpose he is talking about :rolleyes:

An added feature I would like to see added though, is a independent profile programmable output monitor EQ , not global , as you could perfect every profile to sound the way you want in your monitor output..