Find band member section?

• Would anybody be up for another forum section "find band members"?

Sure, this would probably be only guitarists and bass players but maybe useful for somebody...

At the moment I'm trying to find a good metal singer in Sweden and it's almost impossible... The best two I've come across so far are douchebags that I don't wanna work with, and all the others are either highly mediocre or plain out terrible... I guess that's true for many countries, but the big issue with Sweden is that the country is quite large in size, but cities/towns are small and scattered with long distances, unlike Germany/Poland/France etc that has smaller size but a lot more population.

So the chances to actually find a good singer, who's not either busy with another band AND a complete douchebag, is making me pulling my hair out at the moment.

I have already killed off one of my main bands in the past because I couldn't find a decent singer. And now I may have to kill off my recent band (Blazon Stone) :(

I guess it's a curse of having a band that already has it's sound, because even if I came across a good singer, they might not have a voice that actually fits the sound...

• In principle I find it a good idea. But the members here are spread all over the world and (as you stated yourself) mainly guitarists and bassists. So imho no big chances to find a great singer who lives in Sweden or is willing to move there. But yeah...maybe it's worth a try and others will benefit too.

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• A band member section looks a great idea to me. These days it's pretty easy to work together with musicians from all over the world. The drums for our new album are recorded in Canada, guitars are recorded in Germany, the singer is from Sweden and I live in Belgium.... It's true most people here are guitarists, bass players, producers.... but they can have very useful contacts. So I surely would like to have a band member section at this forum.

• A band member section looks a great idea to me. These days it's pretty easy to work together with musicians from all over the world. The drums for our new album are recorded in Canada, guitars are recorded in Germany, the singer is from Sweden and I live in Belgium.... It's true most people here are guitarists, bass players, producers.... but they can have very useful contacts. So I surely would like to have a band member section at this forum.

Well, I'm not really looking for internet collabs at the moment...

What I need is to be able to go out and play live with real life musicians...

Which whould be way too expensive if flying people around the world...

It's not like I'm a big band like Sabaton or something like that... So I'm pretty much stuck where I am

But sure of course a member section could be good for finding collab musicians over internet too

• There's a few "find band member" pages in Sweden but they are useless 99% of the time.

The few answers I get from pages like that are from complete hacks with no self awareness. As expected... But...

Often real talents know they have it and dont resort to pages like that... They get jobs anyway

A lot of good musicians out there who have exactly the same problem as you.

I've run through tonnes of guys who are not worth the audition. That said, beggars can't be too finicky about who they work with. It takes a lot of searching to look for a good fit.

If you find someone good, all well and good. If you don't search at all, you'll never find someone and you'll have to break up the band.

Happens to 99% of the musicians out there.